Fellegy court case

• josh a

Has anybody posted the results of Steve Fellegy’s case yet? I just read that the decision came in and didn’t go his way at all. Seems to me he might want to throw in the towel, he’s done an admirable job in raising awareness but he’ll never win in court.

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

Josh,
    Unfortunately, You’re probably right about him winning in court. But to me, the court only kicked the can down the road on making a decision because of a technicallity (he didn’t take a fish from the same lake as a native american was allowed too). I’d be very surprised if this is the last we hear about this from Steve. At least I hope it is not the last we hear about it.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

I doubt this was unexpected. The case will get appealed to the Minnesota or US Supreme Court. Mr Felegy needs our continued support.

-J.

BBKK
    IA

Quote:

Josh,
    Unfortunately, You’re probably right about him winning in court. But to me, the court only kicked the can down the road on making a decision because of a technicallity (he didn’t take a fish from the same lake as a native american was allowed too). I’d be very surprised if this is the last we hear about this from Steve. At least I hope it is not the last we hear about it.

No, the technicality was he caught a fish from a lake where they WERE allowed to fish, instead of one where they WERE NOT allowed to fish but were. The case was that he gets a ticket for illegally fishing, but they do not get a ticket for illegally fishing (fishing a lake where they were not supposed to). He was fishing illegally, they were not, at least that’s what the judge said.

I will continue to give my support!

steve-fellegy
    Resides on the North Shores of Mille Lacs--guiding on Farm Island these days

Thanks for posting this. You beat me to it as I awaiting more info….

As one poster said, this was not unexpected.

Surely, without doubt. This case is NOT close to being over.
    The goal of this effort was to expose this mess to the public and allow the media/public to decide right from wrong and force the Government to change the system to modern day terms. So I will continue to pursue, without hesitation, to reach that goal in total.

That said, when our legal team allows me, I will come back here and post the next move.

THANK YOU to everyonee for your support. This effort is about you and your rights, as well as protecting Lake Mille Lacs walleyes and any lake down the road in the Tribal Regime’s sights. Please support this effort, now, so we can continue to make this happen.

Thanks…stay tuned!!

josh a

This spring everyone was all wound up about the netting issue, now that this court decision has been made in mid july there aren’t very many people talking about it. I’m not sure fisherman being outraged one month out of the year is going to do a whole lot to sway public opinion, or the courts. Hopefully this case will make it to the supreme court, than it would really get peoples attention

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

I don’t read anything from the star, they’re still waiting for the 60,000 crazed gunmen to ravage the state after the Carry law went into effect.

But ya, we need to keep the faith.

Al

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

This spring everyone was all wound up about the netting issue, now that this court decision has been made in mid july there aren’t very many people talking about it. I’m not sure fisherman being outraged one month out of the year is going to do a whole lot to sway public opinion, or the courts. Hopefully this case will make it to the supreme court, than it would really get peoples attention

Public opinion and outrage doesn’t matter. This is a legal issue and it doesn’t matter if just Steve and his legal team were the only ones who believed it or if the entire state believed it. It will get settled in the courts. So on those terms, this is the way to go about it.

Either that or grab a pitchfork and torches and see how that works out.

steve-fellegy
    Resides on the North Shores of Mille Lacs--guiding on Farm Island these days

Quote:

Has anybody posted the results of Steve Fellegy’s case yet? I just read that the decision came in and didn’t go his way at all. Seems to me he might want to throw in the towel, he’s done an admirable job in raising awareness but he’ll never win in court.

Are you kiddin’ me!!? “Throw the towel in?” “Never win”?

Stay tuned! (and be ready to chew on your words!) You gotta be kiddin’!!!! There is zero “never” in this fight until the
    system is fixed to modern day levels. No way will I “throw the towel in”!! No way……

big_g
    Isle, MN

Interesting… while I agree, a county attorney in Aitkin cannot be put against a county attorney in Beltrami, when it is a STATE LAW, there is little room for interpretation. And when 1 is prosecuted and the other is not and they are both dealing with male human beings, the only obvious differences is ethnic origin. Or was the other Beltrami attorney “friends” with the other gentlemen fishing during a closed season ? This then brings up conflicts of interest in that case.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Sounds like a bunch of procedural crap, no ruling was made ? Rather than look at the facts of the case, it sounds like this court is just trying to dodge having to make a decision by bringing up all kinds of lawyer tricks, trips and hurdles. He said in november 2010 this, then in march 2011 he said this… who fricken cares, it’s preferential treatment (or chicken sh7t to challenge) to let some races/people fish (without treaty rights) just as it was for Steve. Maybe the next time someone does this, we can either figure out all the BS hoops the court puts up or get a judge that actually wants to decide a case (instead of bringing some out of retirement) and try to get to the case at hand… typical prejudice justice at it’s finest

big_g
    Isle, MN

As long as we all just follow what the man says, we will be fine… What kind of merits are there, when one person can fish lake Bemidji, out of season, with no treaty rights to it and another guy fishes lake Mille Lacs, out of season, with no treaty rights either and 1 gets charged and convicted and the other does not ??? I would caution against thinking Steve is alone in this… there is at least a million fisherman with interest in what he is doing as well… that’s ALOT of power. As long as one race/people consider themselves seperate, you will be…

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

actually he got his [censored] handed to him.

You must not know Steve. He’s got plenty of azz to go around.
    What’s right will eventually win out.

Keep on Trucking Steve!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

PS

What’s the link where we can support Steve’s efforts for us?

desperado

Quote:

As long as we all just follow what the man says, we will be fine… What kind of merits are there, when one person can fish lake Bemidji, out of season, with no treaty rights to it and another guy fishes lake Mille Lacs, out of season, with no treaty rights either and 1 gets charged and convicted and the other does not ???

We’re all equal; some are just more equal than others.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Quote:

PS

What’s the link where we can support Steve’s efforts for us?

Right here

Paulski
    “Ever Wonder Why There Are No Democrats On Mount Rushmore ? "

Quote:

We’re all equal; some are just more equal than others.

Yes, this is where it seems to get so confusing for the little folk like me, it seems that equal rights have now converted into ” extra ” rights….

I can’t seem to find alot of these extra rights in our constitution though, I am sure I must be missing them and our court system / executive branch just does not create them from thin air …

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.