Please read!

• millerman
    Red Wing, MN

I know many of us are guilty of not wearing our PFD. I myself swim well and don’t wear mine often! Not a good plan. I found out this morning it was a friend of mine that drowned on the water here on Pool 4 over the weekend. I also found out he does not know how to swim. His choice to not wear a PDF of course was his choice. I can’t tell you how bad this makes me feel that it probably could have been prevented. He had a new wife and they were trying to start a family. he was only 38 years old and they had a long life together planned. Obviously those dreams are gone. I know it changed how I feel about wearing a PDF. So please wear them. I don’t want to feel this way again! RIP my friend! I will miss you forever! God bless to his family and friends! They all are in my thoughts and prayers!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I’m sorry Tim.

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

Sorry to hear that Tim,

We will keep them in our thoughts and prayers.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Millerman, it tough losing a friend. Can’t even to begin to imagine what she’s going through I agree entirely with you on the PFD’s. We’re all guilty at times, and it’s so unfortunate that the consequences are so costly.

mike-west
    Amery, WI

I am very sorry to hear about the Loss of your Freind!
    Knowing that this maybe could have been prevented makes it that much harder to accept!
    I to am horrible about the use of them myself, and hearing of something of this magnatude makes me think what if!
    Prayers for his Family and Freinds. RIP.

stuart
    Mn.

Sorry Tim.My thoughts go out to his friends and family.

palolo

That’s a really sad unfortunate accident.I grew up swimming ocean waters and yes it get rough at times but I am amazed at how the currents are here in the rivers. The waters look calm here til you jump in and the current just takes you out.
    Prayers go out to his family.
    Be safe out there guys and gals.

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Tough one, sorry to hear about your friend.

sandmannd

Sorry that he was a friend of yours. To me the news is never easy but knowing the person is horrible. Thoughts go out to his family and friends.

I too am guilty of not wearing one. My daughter even tells me I should. I have the SOS Suspenders so they aren’t even uncomfortable. This is the time that I have to put aside whatever reason it is I don’t wear on and just start wearing it.

huskerdb
    Kearney, Nebraska

My deepest sympathies for the loss of your friend.

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

These types of stories just put all the “harping & preaching” about life jackets into perspective. Like seat belts they are there for our own protection, but if we are to ignorant (or to proud in most cases) to wear them, sad accidents like these happen.

Our condolences to the family.

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

Sorry to hear about your friend millerman!!! Gods Speed to you, your family and friends!!!

Mark

corey_waller
    hastings mn

I agree, Troy was a great guy. This is a very tough loss for lots of people. His family is our prayers

wkw

Sorry to hear of your loss Tim.
    Condolences to you and his family.
    Be safe !
    WKW

Buzz
    Minneapolis MN

Please let me add my voice to the condolences. A loss like this strikes the hearts of all of us. We all feel the pain and sorrow, whether we knew him or not. The River is as merciless as it is magnificent. We all need to respect this. It may be to early to judge if this was preventable, wearing a life vest is certainly a good idea but often there is more to it then this. My prayers go out to his family and loved ones. By the Grace of God, may you and everyone find peace.

Buzz

cat-stevens
    Rochester,MN

My condolances millerman. Greet reminder.

millerman
    Red Wing, MN

I truly appreciate all the condolences. I also hope that maybe this tragedy will save somebody else from this tragedy!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I didn’t head your words. I ended up in the drink on Friday. I guarantee you we wore our vests the rest of the night and will continue to do so.

Sure, we laughed about it afterwards a little, but when you think of all the things that could have gone wrong. Come to think of it, I don’t want to thin about it anymore.

Wear your vest!

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.