Android app?

• phigs
    Twin Cities, MN

James,

When are we going to get an android app for the site?

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

You haven’t installed it from Google Play yet????

Man, you are behind the times. By the way, you cannot install apps on a rotary phone.

midknightrader

I do almost all of my stuff on this site on my android phone Google browser.

phigs
    Twin Cities, MN

Quote:

I do almost all of my stuff on this site on my android phone Google browser.

an app would be much better though. this site doesn’t work the greatest on the browser with all of the emoticons, ads, etc.

phigs
    Twin Cities, MN

Quote:

You haven’t installed it from Google Play yet????

Man, you are behind the times. By the way, you cannot install apps on a rotary phone.

i pre-ordered my Galaxy S3 yesterday, are you jumping on the wagon too?

keep my unlimited data, S4 dual core, 2nd gen LTE radio, 2 GB RAM, 2100 battery, and ICS….not gonna get much better than that for quite some time.

i really want to see the specs on the Droid Fighter which is due out this month or next, but i can’t risk losing my unlimited data, which will be by july sometime.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

keep my unlimited data, S4 dual core, 2nd gen LTE radio, 2 GB RAM, 2100 battery, and ICS….not gonna get much better than that for quite some time.

Surely that will load Ido?

I know I know…stop calling you Shirley.

johnksully
    Lakeville, MN

Why will you loose your unlimited data. I thought if you have unlimited you are grandfathered in and keep it forever???

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

As a matter of fact, I am pre ordering mine tomorrow I think. I want a blue one. Unlimited data isn’t much of a concern for me. My usage averages about a gig. Might have to change my plan anyway unless they let me upgrade unlimited messaging with my unlimited data. The phone I have now (original droid) is almost unusable.

Can’t wait for 4G!

phigs
    Twin Cities, MN

Quote:

As a matter of fact, I am pre ordering mine tomorrow I think. I want a blue one. Unlimited data isn’t much of a concern for me. My usage averages about a gig. Might have to change my plan anyway unless they let me upgrade unlimited messaging with my unlimited data. The phone I have now (original droid) is almost unusable.

Can’t wait for 4G!

I went with Pebble Blue myself also!

unlimited data was an issue for me, because i use 3-5GB a month, and that would put me at $50 a month just for data. the grandfathered unlimited plan i have on all three of my lines is $29.99 a month with a $20 promotional credit (they ran this deal around christmas of 2010 into january of 2011 and you had to call in to get it) for unlimited data, text and picture message. So I am only $9.99 per line for data, text and picture messaging.

as it stands right now, under the new plan, it would cost me $30+ for data and $20 for SMS/MMS, so its a huge savings for me!

I hope they are able to ship these things out earlier than the end of the month though.

And it will be interesting to see how good this phone is, as the HTC Incredible has been a fantastic phone and is still good even after 2 years, but like you, I’m ready for the 4G upgrade! My wife’s Razr gets averages 10+ mb download speeds, and have seen as high as 46MB!

phigs
    Twin Cities, MN

also, when you order, i would do it over the phone as a lot of people are getting the $30 upgrade fee waived (they agreed to do mine once the phone arrives and is active) but also, some people are getting a $100 credit when upgrading to a 4G phone, and that one i’m still calling on, trying to get a CSR that will give me that credit once my phone shows up.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

How they getting the fee waived? Begging? I suppose I will call and do the old, you know, I think I need to think about this more. Will that work?

Or should I go the route of busting their balls because I have been a loyal customer all these years.

phigs
    Twin Cities, MN

Quote:

How they getting the fee waived? Begging? I suppose I will call and do the old, you know, I think I need to think about this more. Will that work?

Or should I go the route of busting their balls because I have been a loyal customer all these years.

i would politely ask them, and if they won’t, call again and get another CSR. if after a few times with nothing….then throw the “customer retention” ploy at them…

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Thanks, I am not a very good haggler. When I got my Droid, I called too and they worked with me very well. Hopefully it goes as well this time. I also hope I don’t see a jump in my bill.

I’ve suspected for some time that keeping my old plan has cost me money. My girlfriend has unlimited texting, but I don’t know about data. I believe she pays less than me. I pay about $110 a month. That sound high or about right?

I see it has the built in barometer. Very cool. I’ll also like the 4G hotspot for the work laptop.

phigs
    Twin Cities, MN

Quote:

I’ve suspected for some time that keeping my old plan has cost me money. My girlfriend has unlimited texting, but I don’t know about data. I believe she pays less than me. I pay about $110 a month. That sound high or about right?

thats tough to say, cause i have a family plan.

1400 minutes
    3 lines
    unlimited data, SMS & MMS on all lines

roughly $143 a month total after taxes, fees, etc. but i do have a 22% corporate discount, and also am getting that data discount on all lines.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

The FW has sprint and pays $45. without txt or data and 1000 minutes.

I have Tmobil with unlimited voice, 1000 txt and unlimited data @ $79.

I’m trying to work out a deal with either Sprint or Tmobil to get her txt, a new phone..and keep the cost to what it is or less.

Any suggestions? We both have been with our providers for over 10 years.

phigs
    Twin Cities, MN

Quote:

The FW has sprint and pays $45. without txt or data and 1000 minutes.

I have Tmobil with unlimited voice, 1000 txt and unlimited data @ $79.

I’m trying to work out a deal with either Sprint or Tmobil to get her txt, a new phone..and keep the cost to what it is or less.

Any suggestions? We both have been with our providers for over 10 years.

for a single account, sprint has the best deal, i think its 79 or 99 a month for unlimited everything.

i would not go with T-Mobile, and although i would not go with Sprint myself, due to the slow network speeds, it is much better than t-mobile.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

How are you burning 3-5Gb a month? Wow, that’s a lot of data for a phone. I tend to run around 1.5 a month and feel like I’m on the phone all the time. Although I don’t download much.

phigs
    Twin Cities, MN

Quote:

How are you burning 3-5Gb a month? Wow, that’s a lot of data for a phone. I tend to run around 1.5 a month and feel like I’m on the phone all the time. Although I don’t download much.

use it for work a lot. hot spot, pandora streaming almost every day, web, netflix, etc.

slow nights catfishing, i hook my phone up to external speakers, and pull up a movie on netflix. makes the time go by better in the boat.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Yeah, I suppose with a good phone I might get a bump in data usage too.

ggoody
    Mpls MN

Verizon just ended there double data 4G promotion on the 5th. That gave any body buying a 4G phone 4 gigs a month versus the 2G that you now get with the $30 data plan.

I’m sure it will be back sooner then later with all uproar about Verizon eliminating the unlimited data packages.

Now to go back and re-read how PHIGS is keeping unlimited data..

phigs
    Twin Cities, MN

Quote:

Verizon just ended there double data 4G promotion on the 5th. That gave any body buying a 4G phone 4 gigs a month versus the 2G that you now get with the $30 data plan.
    I’m sure it will be back sooner then later with all uproar about Verizon eliminating the unlimited data packages.

Now to go back and re-read how PHIGS is keeping unlimited data..

if you read the thread i linked, it explains it all. basically verizon is going to offer shared data plans for their shared phone plans, so not only will you share minutes, but also data. This will help with the cost of a data plan and currently having to have a separate data package on each line.

They have stated that once they offer the shared data, they are eliminating the grandfathered unlimited data plans on upgrades. this new data tier is supposed to be out the end of june or early july.

Which means, if you currently have a 3G phone with unlimited data, and you wait until after that data package change, they will NOT honor your unlimited data, and you will be forced to choosing one of the tiered data plans.

For those that upgrade to a 4G phone now, we will be locked in for at least two more years of unlimited data.

For those that upgrade to a new phone at full price, you also will retain your plan.

but like many others, i’m guessing this will be the last go-around for unlimited data. which means when my 2 year contract that i just extended ends, I will probably be forced to choose a tiered data plan.

So….if you have unlimited data and are planning on upgrading phones this year – do it now! so you get locked in for at least one more contract cycle.

If you currently have the phone that you plan on keeping for a while (the case with my wife who upgraded to a Razr this spring) then don’t worry about it. but be aware that the next time you upgrade you will face the same music as everyone else, in losing your unlimited data.

Now, when they actually unveil these shared data plans, who knows, maybe the cost factor of them will even out losing unlimited data for some.

but i’m not taking that chance, and am locking in now!

ggoody
    Mpls MN

Thanks! ..

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

From the daily email I get, I seem to remember they decided to delay the tiered plans because of the uproar. It is coming though.

They are also dumping the loyal customer, new in 2 discount. When I got my Droid when it was coming out, I got like an extra $100 beyond what everyone else was getting. I’d think there would be more of an uproar over that. I think you will still get the normal discount for signing a 2 year deal like a new customer, but you would think they would throw you a bone if you have been with them for several years.

phigs
    Twin Cities, MN

Quote:

From the daily email I get, I seem to remember they decided to delay the tiered plans because of the uproar. It is coming though.

They are also dumping the loyal customer, new in 2 discount. When I got my Droid when it was coming out, I got like an extra $100 beyond what everyone else was getting. I’d think there would be more of an uproar over that. I think you will still get the normal discount for signing a 2 year deal like a new customer, but you would think they would throw you a bone if you have been with them for several years.

you still get discounted pricing on phones, but they now charge a $30 upgrade fee, and got rid of the “new every two” deal. the last credit they gave, they changed it to a “loyalty discount” and lowered it to $50.

That is why i asked for the $30 fee to be waived, since i already used my last $50 credit on my wife’s line.

even though they cost a little more, the customer service and phone service itself is so much better than anything else out there, i would have a hard time switching.

in fact, my employer uses sprint, and I could get any phone i want for free and also not pay a dime for use of the phone for work and personal, yet i still choose to keep verizon and just get a small reimbursement every month for my phone, which only covers about half the cost.

Sprint sucks in western MN and the dakotas.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Right. I would never switch from Verizon. They should give me a deal since they teamed up with Xfinity. Cable, Internet, Landline and wireless all through those 2 companies.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

I’m seeing at least 3 hours on the phone in my future.

phigs
    Twin Cities, MN

Quote:

I’m seeing at least 3 hours on the phone in my future.

just sign her up for sprint’s everything plan (if she like’s sprint) and be done with it.

or just let RRR take care of it for you…

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I preordered the phone. Still unlimited data. Paid $30 upgrade, but after she entered the order an extra $50 (on top of my really up $50) discount was applied. She had no idea why or what it was for but said let’s not question it and I wasn’t going to disagree. The email confirmation also showd my monthly bill dropping $20? Maybe that was not including the little extra charges?? In any event it is going to be a long 4 weeks waiting.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.