Mosquitoes

• cshurtleff
    Northeast Iowa

Has anyone elso noticed the abundance of misquitoes this spring also. I was getting my boat out of storage when I looked up at the black cloud of them. It is way to early for these to be out already. We might me in for a long spring and summer with the insects.

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

I guarantee you we are in for one buggy season. You have this last so called winter to thank for that. Warm days and no real hard driving frost will have the little biting fly critters and ticks in full force!

chamberschamps
    Mazomanie, WI

Unless they were biting you, they probably weren’t mosquitos. At least around here, we havn’t had enough warmth for the larva to develop. We have had some pretty early and big hatches of other aquatic bugs around here. I do agree, I think that we’re in for a miserable biting bug season though…We’ve had quite a bit of standing water the last few years-lots of eggs to hatch out there.

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

The Mosquito’s are OUT in full force….we got eaten alive at the ramp yesterday evening….yes…BITING mosquito’s

rkd-jim
    Fountain City, WI.

I’ve got a buttload of box elder bugs around my place already I don’t think they froze out this year and are coming out of every crack and crevice!!

broncosguy
    Blaine, MN

yep got mosquito’s all over also sad sitting out front last night went in as they were buzzing every where, as for box elders. i have a mix that will get rid of them forever or darn near after 2 treatments. if you want it let me know and i will dig it up.

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Quote:

yep got mosquito’s all over also sad sitting out front last night went in as they were buzzing every where, as for box elders. i have a mix that will get rid of them forever or darn near after 2 treatments. if you want it let me know and i will dig it up.

I want it!

phigs
    Twin Cities, MN

Me too!!

starvin pilgrim

Yes, Please dig it up. I’ve got them all over the front of the house and some are making there way in.

chamberschamps
    Mazomanie, WI

Quote:

Unless they were biting you, they probably weren’t mosquitos. At least around here, we havn’t had enough warmth for the larva to develop. We have had some pretty early and big hatches of other aquatic bugs around here. I do agree, I think that we’re in for a miserable biting bug season though…We’ve had quite a bit of standing water the last few years-lots of eggs to hatch out there.

I was wrong. OUT IN FULL FORCE. WTF

chirp
    Rochester

I want the formula. All over the front of house and garage.

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

I want it

broncosguy
    Blaine, MN

ok i will dig it up tonight. it is a Jerry Baker tonic thing. when i was young i decided to buy the book. and it was worth it just with bugs alone. lol.

main ingrediates are 1 cup tobaccoo tea (which is a quart of water boiled for 5 minutes with a big pinch of chewing tobbacco in a nylon to create the juice, the longer itr soaks the stronger the juice, then i just stored in a gallon jug maked very well. lol) stinks but works great. a cup os lemon dish soap, and 1 cup antiseptic mouth wash (the nasty yellow one not the mint) 2 maybe 3 sprays tops they will be gone and they die by the gallon buckets full.

but you do need a 20 gallon hose end sprayer though with a golf ball inside to keep the stuff mixed.

my old white houe used to have 1 side thet was black and red every year till i got it then no more. .

i will double chekc nut almost 100% this is the recipe. you will spray them and watch them just fall off and die. the tobaccoo tea eats through the shell and the mouth wash and lemon dish soap kills them also washes your house for you also.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.