Any Reel Manufacturers in China?

• dave_n
    Champlin, MN

I’m heading to China soon. Last time I was there I tried to locate fishing reel deals, but no one there seemed to be able to help me find any reels that were similar to US reels. Does anyone know if Shimano or Abu Garcia sell reels in China and if there are good deals to be had?

Dave

jasono00
    cities

i just bought a TICA reel for ice fishing, they are manufactured in china. It’s been a great reel, check them out. bought mine at local store here in the twin cites metro, at jr’s tackle

thegun
    mn

wouldn’t it be nice if people put as much effort in finding American made product!

jasono00
    cities

lol i hear ya, but he asked i just responded…

drewsdad
    Crosby, MN

I know that Pflueger knock-offs are made in China.

dd

skeeterbite
    illinois

Buy the chineese junk, when our own brothers and sisters here are looking for work. Buy the chineese crap here at least our own people are making money. We all need to buy more american then at least OUR economy would be a little better. BUY USA.

hairjig
    Cudahy, Wis.

X’2

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Dave_N, single handedly bringing down our economy. Why don’t you just buy from U.S. Reel? Oh wait, you’ll probably be able to find those in China too, since that is where they are manufactured.

Quote:

Originally, U.S. Reel reels were made in St. Louis, MO. However, due to U.S. federal tax laws (with disincentives to produce in the U.S.) and other cost differentials, reels are now made in China, where many of the highest quality reels from the major brands are produced. Unlike many of these other brands, U.S. Reel is an American company with its products innovated and designed in the US.

FishinPaul
    Eau Claire, WI

Don’t bash this guy,he is going TO China,not just looking down the aisles at the local wally World…I am all in favor of buy American,I am one of those long term unemployed,2 years +… Paul

palolo

Quote:

Buy the chineese junk, when our own brothers and sisters here are looking for work. Buy the chineese crap here at least our own people are making money. We all need to buy more american then at least OUR economy would be a little better. BUY USA.

X3

But the sad reality is most times it’s a lot cheaper to buy foreign made than in the U.S. I don’t look at where it’s made I look at what it costs and if it’s the same as American made no questions I would buy American.
    (didn’t mean to go off the topic)
    Good Luck Dave I hope you find good deals.
    God Bless The U.S.A.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Are there any reels manufactured in the US? I’ll be shocked if someone can post a reliable one.

Quick Google and all I can find is 1. Ardent reels. Hope that’s what everyone has on their rods that are bashing this guy.

And in the case of Ardent reels, you aren’t necessarily getting what you paid for. I have no doubt we could manufacture much better reels here, just not at a price that could compete with China, unfortunately.

mudlizard
    st. marys pt. MN

The Penn Torque Spin is the only spinning reel with a fully sealed gearbox and drag system that is Made in America.

kroger3
    blaine mn

Quote:

wouldn’t it be nice if people put as much effort in finding American made product!

Have a better place to find some of the major brands of high speed muskie reels for leftys in the US???

I dont know of any but you can buy most of them in China… Its sad you turn a $400 reel into a $500+ because the US is not in the market on it.

Shimano really needs to get on board for the leftys!

dave_n
    Champlin, MN

Man, you guys really know how to go off on a guy. There is no bigger guy in terms of love for the USA than I am, so lay off that area. I asked a simple question. If I can save $100 on a $280 Revo Toro Winch or a $360 Shimano 400TE I would like to save the money. If WalMart had them on sale would it make a big difference?
    Enough of the BS.

koldfront kraig
    Coon Rapids mn

I agree.

I’d like to see what you guys are using for reels and tackle.

The guy asked a simple question and some of you came down on him pretty hard.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

Enough of the BS.

If I had a little more time, I would use google translate to see what I could find for outlets over there.

Sorry, the closest I’ve been to China is the Head of Lake Pepin. I would like to go though.

A person would think most all brands would be available to the masses there.

When are you leaving and for how long?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I’m thinking you’re on your own Dave.

Usually it isn’t possible to search Google .cn from outside China.

So much for using Google Translate.

palolo

Quote:

Man, you guys really know how to go off on a guy. There is no bigger guy in terms of love for the USA than I am, so lay off that area. I asked a simple question. If I can save $100 on a $280 Revo Toro Winch or a $360 Shimano 400TE I would like to save the money. If WalMart had them on sale would it make a big difference?
    Enough of the BS.

I apologize Dave sorry if I came across hard.

Hope you have an amazing trip

jeremy-liebig
    mpls

Quote:

Are there any reels manufactured in the US? I’ll be shocked if someone can post a reliable one.

Quick Google and all I can find is 1. Ardent reels. Hope that’s what everyone has on their rods that are bashing this guy.

And in the case of Ardent reels, you aren’t necessarily getting what you paid for. I have no doubt we could manufacture much better reels here, just not at a price that could compete with China, unfortunately.

Avet reels are 100% US made including every part within the reel itself.
    Some fisher dudes owned a machine shop and decided to make their own reels. I bought one of the saltwater models for Muskie fishin’..The thing is indestructible and powerful..Only drawback is that it is not all that smooth to crank in. Don’t know if they make any spinning models or not though.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

I apologize Dave sorry if I came across hard.

Hope you have an amazing trip

Your post was not offensive at all.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.