Getting through the border to Canada!

• r._kayle
    Cedar Falls, IA

I was curious to see how many if you have went through the border yourself or with a group and had someone that was inadmissible to Canada for a owi/dui? I was curious to the steps you had to take to be able to get through. I’ve heard of a trp pass. Other than that I was just going to drive up there and fill out my paperwork before i cross if i can. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.

buzzer
    Garnavillo Iowa

You need a pass port and if you have a dui idk if they will even let you in

r._kayle
    Cedar Falls, IA

I got a passport. I know they may not but they let my buddies through with a owi but had to pay a fine.

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

Check the Canada forum here. I started a thread awhile back. Some good info there

big_g
    Isle, MN

as long as you can blow a .07 or under at the gate, your in

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Yeah, there was a lengthy post on this a while back. Read through that one and it will help. I was with a guy that didnt get in for something less than a dui

Willy D
    Nipawin, SK

R.Kayle I would contact Canadian Border Services(ph#204-983-3500 or [email protected]). I would do this well in adavnce of when you are coming.I would not just show up and try and straighten it out the.As a former outfitter I have had clients that were warned to look after it before they arrived and were tuned away when they arrived.If you need any more help from up here send me a pm and I will see what I can find out.Good Luck and enjoy your trip

stuwest
    Elmwood, WI

SteveO’s is good advice. it’s not a slam dunk. i’d check with your closest consulate AND the head of the crossing you are going thru on… Pass port means little on this issue.

r._kayle
    Cedar Falls, IA

Guys thanks for the posts, i appreciate it. Im not getting my hopes up by any means. I will check into these links asap and try to get something started. Thanks again!

r._kayle
    Cedar Falls, IA

Quote:

as long as you can blow a .07 or under at the gate, your in

If only it was that easy!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.