Humminbird customer service

• kurtkid
    South metro

@ 2 months ago I called humming bird cs dept about a broken part that covers the mapping chip on a 787ci. They said they would send me one out for free right away. I have not recieved it. So today I called to follow up. They said they quit sending them out for free a month ago. But it could buy one for 11 bucks. Plus 6$ for shipping us mail. I told the lady that I could buy a lot of duck tape for $17.00. Am I a cheap skate or does this seem like a rip off for a tiny piece of plastic?

cat dude
    Arlington, MN

Yes, seems spendy but, what isn’t today.

Every time I go to purchase a part for something I get sticker shock.

I would not say your are a cheap skate but I would say that is what stuff costs now. Rip off maybe but what can one do?

If I need it to fix something correct, then I guess one pays the fee.

I do not like the price of gas either as years ago I paid .18 cents. But, if I want to go somewhere, I guess I have to pay the hiher price.

Look at the price of food and everything else!

big_g
    Isle, MN

What is sad… is that they didn’t do what they said they were gonna do 2 months ago…and now because they dropped the ball, it is gonna cost you $17 ??? Poor CS, to say one thing and do another…

HBirdDeborahCRC

kurtkid – Good Morning From Humminbird.
    I would like to take the time to thank you for your support of the Humminbird product. We do normally charge for the card door. The cost is $11.00 which includes regular USPS mail.

However, if someone had already told you they would send you out the part at no charge, we will gladly honor this and send the door to your address via USPS at the address we have one file for you.

Thank you,

Deborah @ Humminbird

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Quote:

I would like to take the time to thank you for your support of the Humminbird product. We do normally charge for the card door. The cost is $11.00 which includes regular USPS mail.

However, if someone had already told you they would send you out the part at no charge, we will gladly honor this and send the door to your address via USPS at the address we have one file for you.

Thank you,

Deborah @ Humminbird

Excellent customer service. Unfortunately sometimes things do slip through the cracks. Well done Deborah.

t-ellis
    Colorado Springs, CO

Quote:

Thank you,

Deborah @ Humminbird

The power of the internet and good customer service. Great job HB!

Denny O
    Central IOWA

Excellant Deborah!
    Welcome to IDO as well!

big_g
    Isle, MN

Kudos to HB… 99% of issues are with communication and understanding. As proven, good Customer Service finds a way to solve issues.

Just an FYI for all of us who speak to “someone” on the phone, who promises you something… get their name. If I knew who our “someone” at work was, I would probably can em for all the stuff they tell customers, which is not quite true…..

Taking the high road… way to go Deb

hanson

Quote:

Just an FYI for all of us who speak to “someone” on the phone, who promises you something… get their name.

Yes! Name, Extension #, Direct #, you name it. You want to talk with the person AGAIN who promised you stuff and not somebody else.

Nobody thinks of this when they are on the phone with customer service but it is definitely good practice!

phigs
    Twin Cities, MN

great that they are taking care of you. but its pretty bad that you had to call them out on a public forum, before they decided to honor what they told you before.

they are simply saving face at this point…

Mike Stephens
    WI.

Quote:

great that they are taking care of you. but its pretty bad that you had to call them out on a public forum, before they decided to honor what they told you before.

I totally disagree Phigs, and suggest you step out of your perfect little world. It’s a big world out there and nobody or no company is perfect. Mistakes happen and I commend Deb for rectifying this situation. Saving face? No. Correcting a mistake? Yes. And for that I give Deb a “dat a girl”. OOPs, prolly a typo in here somewhere.

hnd

call them out. all day long. its a tough economy for us too not just companies. fight for my longterm dollars.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Quote:

That’s what great customer service is….

“Somebody” told me this…. is thrown around alot these days…

phigs
    Twin Cities, MN

Quote:

I totally disagree Phigs, and suggest you step out of your perfect little world. It’s a big world out there and nobody or no company is perfect. Mistakes happen and I commend Deb for rectifying this situation. Saving face? No. Correcting a mistake? Yes. And for that I give Deb a “dat a girl”. OOPs, prolly a typo in here somewhere.

1. he called CS, they told him they would send the part out free of charge.
    2. they forget to send it (like you said mistakes happen)
    3. he calls back to remind them, they then tell him they will not send it for free, they “don’t do that anymore”
    4. customer is probably a little upset, but nothing happens.
    5. customer writes up his story on a public forum for everyone to see.
    6. suddenly CS is willing to send him the part….

they had no intentions of sending him the part for free, like they told him they would. otherwise, when he called back the second time, they would have corrected it.

they simply do not like their reputation being drug through the mud, and since he posted on a public forum, they acted like “mr nice guy” and took care of him.

that is the absolute definition of saving face.

I know of a large waterfowl marine company that does this all of the time. their customer service is HORRIBLE, but if you get on the net and start telling everyone what is going on, they always seem to “change their minds” on helping you out.

I’m not saying that HB service is terrible as a whole, or that this is the norm for them. all i’m saying, is that in this ONE instance, they blew off the customer, and the only reason they backtracked, is because he posted up on an internet forum, and that is bad business for them.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Well played HB.

kurtkid
    South metro

Deb Thank you for helping me out. You will find my info under Shawn Kurth Rosemount MN. I talked to a very nice lady that owns a german shepard dog. back in late May. I own several humminbird and cannon products. 2 mag 10 hb1199 dept finder
    787ci and a another black and white unit. I will continue to buy and use your products and thank you for your service. Shawn Kurth

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.