IDO 2009 Trout Bonanza!

• capt. eric
    Milwaukee, WI

I first of all want to thank James and Mark for taking the time to come down here to Milwaukee to film with me. Working with you guys is a good time and and lot of fun!

We started off ice fishing in the harbors where we did fairly well the first day landing about a dozen nice browns with one really nice one James caught! Before I go any further I have to say James can really heat things up when it comes to a tip up race! I mean this guy seriously can heat up the ice when he see’s a flag pop! So my point is I did not get much time reeling in many fish because this guy would just come flying by me like a track star…..I suppose that’s what I get for being a bit out of shape!

Our second day we fished up in the rivers through the ice and did well on browns and steelhead. The best baits in the harbor and rivers these days were gulp, skein and spawn. It’s too bad you guys can not fish with tip downs or slammers because almost all our fish came on them.

On the third day we did a little something on the crazy side we took a chance as the harbor opened up just for a day or two and Made it out to some big ice flows where we just put the smack down on the browns and steelhead!!!! My guess would be that we caught at least 40 fish maybe 50+ in about 5 hours of fishing. We have some crazy video as well with us ice fishing and fish jumping in the open water behind us…

Laslty on the 1st day we fished some how we caught 2 fish on 1 tip up. Don’t ask me how the heck it happened other than the brown got the line some how stuck in his mouth as he swam by and another brown east the eggs ….you’ll have to see it to believe it and then it’s still hard to believe! I look forward to seeing that video as soon as you have the time to put it up James.

That’s about it…My ice fishing Brown Trout school was a blast this weekend and I’m heading back on the ice again tomorrow!

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Awesome report Eric. Hearing James’ excitement as he told my wife and I about that trip was cool enough, but seeing the pics made it even better.

Those are some beautiful fish. Congrats to you guys.

capt. eric
    Milwaukee, WI

Thanks Tom! It was lots of fun!!!! Can you send me an e-mail I want to ask about some print work for my booth at the sports show if you do that stuff??

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Quote:

Thanks Tom! It was lots of fun!!!! Can you send me an e-mail I want to ask about some print work for my booth at the sports show if you do that stuff??

I’ll get one sent out to you Tuesday.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

When I heard James telling me about this trip…I was speechless thru the hole story….
    And that’s unusual for this guy !!!

Great fishery you have there !!!

andy-johnson
    Milwaukee, WI

Eric,
    Those are some nice trout, saw the videos of the ice fishing the rainbows on the ice chunks, pretty sweet. I am sure I will see you out there sometime.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.