Topwater bite on Lake Mallieleau, Hudson WI

• YoZuri

was out solo on August 1st for evening bite. started out working weed edges and lily pads. picked up 1 nice LM on a slop frog made by ISG out of Menominee WI. (when are there products going to be in the EFN store?) The real action started when I stared throwing a Storm Rattlin’ Chug Bug. I had never used one before and the lake has a good bloom going now. Man, did it ever get them to the surface! 5 solid 15 to 17 in. largemouth just were blowing up on that thing.
    Be careful when you launch there. As I was ending the day, pulled up to the launch and saw a S10 submerged up to the box. Seems there is a drop-off on the right hand side and this guy fell right off of it.

Anonymous

Good Grief! What’s he got his truck that far into the water for? The whole shoreline drops quickly there and your vehicle tires should never have to see the waters edge! Did you get the skinny on their mistake?

Anonymous

Where’s the media staff when you need them. A photo of that would be neat, but it would be a bummer to own that rig.Maybe they were filming that commercial (like a rock). Steve

YoZuri

Kid,
    If you standing up by the lot and look down the right hand side of the launch, that’s where this guys truck was! You told me to back down there and try to stay to the left and that’s what I’ve been doing. His trailer was still attached and the boat was floating over the top of it. He had a real small boat so I don’t know what his thinking was. I asked him if this was the first time he’s fished the lake. His reply was “No, I’ve fished here all my life!!??
    weird stuff. there was a guy there with a F350 Ford and he yanked him out. Stuff you see at landings!!
    Bite was good that night. Blowin’ up all over the place on that Chug-Bug

Anonymous

I wonder if he had a failure with the truck that caused him to end up that way? If he’s fished there all his life, I can’t imagine that he would knowingly make that mistake!

Yeah, I told you to stay left but not because of the hole, but because the landing doesn’t match the decline of the shoreline. If you don’t bank left, your trailer is always at an angle and complicates your landings. Launches aren’t as critical…………for obvious reasons. I know you know what I’m saying too so I won’t give ya any lectures but that landing DOES require some thought or it can be a “less than pleasant” experience!

I think if you and I were to pick a popular weekend and just fish areas visible to the landing, we’d probably witness a lot more “clumsy” landings than the general public would want us to be witness to!!! However, to cut them some slack, we should admit that the landing isn’t for rookies. Hudson would be wise to build a new landing over toward the dams. The eastern area could serve just as many rigs and allow a better angle of entry/exit. Roadside parking is permitted to so actually, you could park more people. BUT, I don’t run the town and I know how to work the landing we have so until it erodes away to “canoe only” status, I’ll just stick with it.

Chug Bugs huh? Hmmmm………….just happen to have one or few of those…………..maybe someday I’ll have to dig one up and give it a go! Ya think??? Nice hearing about you finding some fish out there! Don’t wear ’em all out!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.