below pentenwell dam

• kevin
    hancock,wi

went on a 14hour fishing session and did pretty good.
    from 10:45am to 3:00 only 3 smallies and a northern nothing
    worth bragging about landed. but this was only the start as far as finding out where the fish are and what they are biteing on, as it got later in the day we started getting alot of white bass and a couple of wallies,smaller ones but at least there was some action.as soon as nite came we headed up to the dam where i maneged to catch a 16pound channel cat that got us ready for the nite bite. after about an hour of nothing but a sore butt we decided to fish the leaks in the dam which paid off.from 10:00pm to 1:00am we boated about 20 wallies 7 that were keepers and a few that got off due to there lite hitting or poor hooking.then we started hooking in to alot of white bass and crappie and we kept about 10 of them al the fish we caught up at the dam were caught on cottin cordel walleye divers which red and white and silver seemed to work the best.not to shabby for a day out on the river.please post more about your encounters on the river no matter were on the wis river you fish
    kevin

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Hey Kevin I dont have any info on the river over there. But i do like those red and white walleye divers. Anything red and white seems to work well in the river. I was fishing a Rapala RW rattle trap earlier this year until i lost it.Caught a nice 24″ eye on it above Osceola. Walleye divers where the only other RW lure I could find. I just started fishing it over the weekend but the did seem to respond a little to it.
    Good luck fishing

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.