winnie ice road updates

• WadesDad

I went to Denny’s and Nodaks today to check out their road systems.
    both places are allowing truck and wheel houses.
    Denny’s with a road out towards moxies hole, fishing various locations scattered along the break that runs up towards moxies.

Nodaks had a nice wide road out going to three different areas.
    one towards horseshoe bar, one to some humps east of there and another to the west of horseshoe bar.

both places were reporting 16 1/2 to 18 inches of ice now, with 18 being more common.

rumor has it sunset view has started their road.

one of the resorts on the west side is maintaining a road out of the trappers road landing.
    please be kind and drop off a access fee if you utilize their efforts to keep you safe.

Highbanks has just started working on their landing.
    lot of slush and broken ice to contend with just to get out of the gate.
    I would think they will be up and running with their road system in a few days.

cutfoot is doable from williams narrows but there is a lot of slush and a crack that crosses Mcavity bay from east to west that I would not drive across again until it heals up.
    12 – 14 inches is common.
    lots of people out there. the place to go if you like crowds.

be safe, have fun and watch out for the plow truck drivers, they’re nuts!

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Thanks for the update!

-J.

Steve Vick
    New London, MN

Any updates on the roads up there……slush?????

WadesDad

the 1/4 inch of snow we recieved overnight combined with the wind we had, completely filled more than one road today.
    I noticed one small road that forgot to bump open, I was able to drive over the top of the drifts with my pickup.
    I also noticed that I could almost walk on top of snowy areas that hadn’t been plowed yet.
    that’s what this derned wind ‘ll do for ya.
    there is water/slush mostly in areas that have been fished. holes drilled allowing the water to come up under the snow.
    after we got the roads knocked back today, we noticed quite a bit of water along the edges.

still good roads, still great fishing.
    I have one group out right now that put 3 fish on the ice in less than an hour that went over 20 inches.
    and a couple smaller.
    must be this derned cold weather them bigger walleyes like so much?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.