duluth – fishing this weekend???

• bharo15
    Blaine, MN

i got a call last night from a friend and he wants to go to duluth and troll for loopers, salmon, ????, etc… i have never done this and don’t know how, where or when…. he said we would troll by park point. Can someone shed some light on my subject. what is he talking about??? what kind of lures??? i don’t know anything about this -but i said i’ll go, it’s fishing.

Thanks in advance,

coppertop
    Central MN

Hoss, I was there last Sat. I think you want to leave the boat at home and fish the rivers with yarn or shore fish the mouths with spawn sacs or a looper bug/wax worm with a bobber. When I was there fishing was terrible as I fished all day on the Lester and the mouth of the French and seen 2 fish caught. With the warm weather they’ve had that had to have changed. The river was 32 and the lake was 34 too cold for a good run but this w-end could be key especially if they recieve some needed rain to warm the rivers. Hope this helps. If you have questions on what to use, stop by Marine General for hooks, yarn or spawn. They’ll get you started.

fishahollik
    South Range, WI

We still have ice at the west end of the lake out to about 500 yds at its widest point. Need some warm rain and west winds. But the shore fishing from the Mouth of the rivers mentioned is picking up.

bharo15
    Blaine, MN

thanks for your replies. we decided to fish pool 4 this weekend and will try the large lake – later when the ice is gone and the temps rise.

Hoss

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.