A late post from Fullmoon

• jasonlem
    New Prague

Well I want to first say sorry to all that I didn’t talk to about this last Fullmoon Bite!! I hope everyone did well!!!

I showed up about 9:00 Monday(9/12/11)Night I was going to get the straps undone and I saw a boat coming in, so I pulled out of their way knowing they would be faster. I was getting the graphs on and boat loaded and saw no one was coming up so I walked down to the dock.
    Two guys at the dock cutting line from their prop what a drag. I asked them how they did. They told me it’s the first time on the pond and fishing all day and notta. I told them some pointers on what and how I was going to fish, how I ended up catching most of my fish.

I started fishing about 10:30 north side trolling outside weed edge #5,#7 SR and #5 JSR. I put on a baby bass jointed and wham I got a smallie right away. I got my line back out and a 22″ eye. again another smallie. It went this way trading smallies and walleye’s. I saw those giys going in so I pulled up to see how they did in the hour and again notta. I had a big question mark because I had to of brought in 6 or 7 fish in that time frame(the eye’s were bigs). Myt bro called me to tell me he was running late and it’ll be awhile before he gets up, Probs at work. I went out and fished solo and told him to call me when he gets to the south end of the lake.

He called at 3:30am to tell me he was at the south end and I said good I just pulled up my last box fish. I was very surprized that so many biggs were in shallow!! I had a 31″ a 28″ 2 27″ a bunch between 21 and 25. but had my 4. I went in to clean them.

Our fishing was lights out and I lost a bunch of pictures that I took on my phone because it won’t turn on anymore. Ihoping to get them off of it. We were out on the water mon night until wed at 10:30am. I’m guessing we pulled in close to 130 fish not counting the ones we lost of coarse. We had a few ski’s or northerns on, one I for like 15min when ever I got him 20 feet out it tore off another 100+ft. I then could feel the roll and ping goes the line, it came up all frayed where it broke.

One great Fullmoon and I’m going to be up OCT 12th for that moon aslo. I’m hoping the water doesn’t get to cold before then I want some more great fishing.

I will say I will have room for one in the boat if anyone wants to go??

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Is that 1st pic the 31″ ? Congrats that is a walleye of a lifetime

Grouse_Dog
    The Shores of Lake Harriet

Great post!!!!

How big were the smallies?

Based on another post – looks like the lake has a few of them in there.

Dog

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

Nice pics… great post

The FW and I are heading up to the Red Door Wendsday,
    No full moon but…were giving it a shot

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

Quote:

Nice pics… great post

The FW and I are heading up to the Red Door Wendsday,

No full moon but…were giving it a shot

Tuck in tight to the NW shore…its going to be a rough one.

Iwindsurf

TJB
    Cottage Grove, MN.

Sweet post and pics. Looks like you did very well. I plan on being up there with the new boat during October full moon week. PM me if you are heading up and I will let you know how to contact me.
    Thx.

jasonlem
    New Prague

No that first pic was a 27″ The 31″ I didn’t get off the phone yet?? Hope I can but either way no picture of me holding it.

backlasher
    Fridley, Mn

Nicely done! Looking forward to getting back up there soon, it’s probably been about a month for me.

jasonlem
    New Prague

The smallies were any where from 15″-20″

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

Calvin

Thanks for the heads up

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Looks like a fantastic trip. Thanks for the report.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.