Frontline Worker Pay Approved

• crappie55369
    Mound, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>crappie55369 wrote:</div>
    <blockquote
    I understand what you are saying but thats not quite the whole story. Im not sure in the Walz case – ill just assume its the same as the Trump case – but Trumps name didnt need to be on that check by any sort of law or formality. He put it on there to garner favorable political publicity. We know this because Biden’s name did not appear on the 2 checks that were issued under his administration. It would seem Walz is following the same tactic as Trump and trying to gain some good publicity by this action. Seems to me thats pretty much politician 101 and par for the course so i dont see what has everyones feathers ruffled over it

your still whining over trump? Time to let it go. I’m starting to think you have a crush on him or something

just stating facts buddy. Kinda thought people whining about walz taking credit for handing out money to citizens sorta lined up with Trump taking credit for handing out money to citizens and was worthwhile to bring the comparison into the conversation. Sorry if i cast a bad light on your messiah

blank

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>John Rasmussen wrote:</div>
    It was not the signature that bugged me about it and I understand it was both parties that agreed to do this. It was the content of the email thanking me for what I did. I did exactly what I do everyday of my life, I got up and went to work.

That part I can understand.

Really? Basically it’s acceptable to be thanked in the form of getting a $487 bonus for doing exactly what you do every day by going to work. But being thanked on a standard letter with a photocopied signature by the governor is irritating. So odd.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Really? Basically it’s acceptable to be thanked in the form of getting a $487 bonus for doing exactly what you do every day by going to work. But being thanked on a standard letter with a photocopied signature by the governor is irritating. So odd.

Well for starters, I didn’t receive it. I didn’t qualify.

But ya, the fact that Walz’s photocopied signature is on it is a bit slimy to me too.

Coletrain27

just stating facts buddy. Kinda thought people whining about walz taking credit for handing out money to citizens sorta lined up with Trump taking credit for handing out money to citizens and was worthwhile to bring the comparison into the conversation. Sorry if i cast a bad light on your messiah

The reason people are talking about walz is because he is still in office and and it’s relevant to this check. Not sure what trump has to do with this at all? Trump is gone yet you just can’t let it go hah

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Still angers me. Picking one group of people out of all the tax payers to receive a kickback is ridiculous. Especially when they had jobs. Jesse did it right.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Still angers me. Picking one group of people out of all the tax payers to receive a kickback is ridiculous. Especially when they had jobs. Jesse did it right.

Pretty sad state of politics when Jesse would look like a sane option. But, here we are.

CaptainMusky

Well, I mentioned that my wife hadnt received hers, but she just texted me that it somehow got deposited into the Credit Union account. I have NO IDEA how they would have gotten that information since its never been used on tax returns or anything. Hmmm

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I have NO IDEA how they would have gotten that information since its never been used on tax returns or anything. Hmmm

Maybe you don’t know your wife as well as you thought you did. jester

Sharon
    SE Metro

I have NO IDEA how they would have gotten that information since its never been used on tax returns or anything. Hmmm

During the application process applicants could select their preferred payment type. If direct deposit was selected applicants then entered the account information. So it’s not related to your tax return info.

CaptainMusky

During the application process applicants could select their preferred payment type. If direct deposit was selected applicants then entered the account information. So it’s not related to your tax return info.

Ah, that explains it! Thank you!

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Honestly I don’t care for the whole dam thing, but should I have not taken the money is what your saying?

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>blank wrote:</div>

Honestly I don’t care for the whole dam thing, but should I have not taken the money is what your saying?

Yes you should. Take .0000001% of that money and have a drop of beer on me! jester toast

CaptainMusky

Do it and dont feel the least bit guilty. So many people are getting handouts that dont deserve it, but those that had to trudge on with their daily jobs and weren’t allowed to work remote, etc because of their jobs deserve this. I have no issue with those that are taking it at all.

mojogunter

Kind of like the first round of covid checks with Trumps signature. Apparently they all think they can buy a few votes doing that.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>rvvrrat wrote:</div>
    Since this payment is apolitical why did Gov. Walz want this money to be referred to as “Walz bucks”?

The email that I got with Walz’s signature and him thanking me for what I did felt a little slimy.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Yes you should. Take .0000001% of that money and have a drop of beer on me!

Will do, can taste it already.

Thanks for the support Captain.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Kind of like the first round of covid checks with Trumps signature. Apparently they all think they can buy a few votes doing that.

For the record I never said anyone is trying to buy my vote, they can try all they want my vote is already decided. I just cant stand Walz and hope we send him packing soon. Lets be honest with each other here politics is all about buying votes in one way or the other, whether is be with checks or bullsh%t

JEREMY
    BP

Yes you should. Take .0000001% of that money and have a drop of beer on me!

Sad part is it takes about 5% of it to buy a case of cheap Busch Liight nowadays.

rjohnson8404

I think it’s great the state just bought me a new pistol just like the federal government bought me some over the past two years………

maddogg

Maybe the men and women that were actually on the FRONT LINES should have been considered for pay.

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

Maybe the men and women that were actually on the FRONT LINES should have been considered for pay.

Yep, IMO those front line workers should have gotten more.

But they are not the only ones that deserve something. People who fix the hospital equipment, the companies that changes their manufacturing processes to help make PPE, the truck drivers, etc.

Frontline workers went through HE double hockey sticks but DO NOT for one minute think they were they only ones who deserve a piece of this money.

And Yeah, I qualified but did not take it. I have freinds and family that are nurses and heard their horror stories. I lost my father to Covid, the nurses that broke the rules for me and my family by allowing us to say goodbye deserved my portion.

For everyone that received their portion, go enjoy it, spend it on something fun, you all deserved it.

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

After thinking about this more.

Please enlighten us on your definition of frontline workers. I am interested in who you think should have been considered for the money.

I did hear that anyone that worked in pharmacy’s did not qualify but I may have heard wrong.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>maddogg wrote:</div>

After thinking about this more.

Please enlighten us on your definition of frontline workers. I am interested in who you think should have been considered for the money.

I did hear that anyone that worked in pharmacy’s did not qualify but I may have heard wrong.

What does it matter. We didn’t choose who gets it or not. What’s it matter who some one thinks should get it, when it’s already handed out. And I’m sorry to hear about your father.
    But you not taking it, doesn’t make sure that nurse gets it. You should have physically gave her yours if that’s your thought process.

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

Yep you are right, my portion did not go directly to the nurses who helped my family
    I did do something for the staff who worked around the clock with my dad, not nearly enough but still it was something.

Thanks

big_g
    Isle, MN

Sorry to hear about your dad Slider… what disgusts me the most is all those who were greatly affected by this “virus”… our government has no interest in holding those responsible for it to the fire. What’s to stop this from happening again, with an even deadlier virus ? Its really sickening that people can be basically murdered and nobody cares. flame

Viewing 26 posts - 91 through 116 (of 116 total)

The topic ‘Frontline Worker Pay Approved’ is closed to new replies.