Frontline Worker Pay Approved

• Sharon
    SE Metro

“Gov. Tim Walz’s office announced Monday that 1,025,655 people were approved. Since the $500 million approved for payments is split equally, that means every approved person will receive $487.45.

The state says it will start sending out payments on Wednesday and will continue processing and sending out payments through the fall. The governor’s office says approve applicants who chose to get the payment via direct deposit will get it within seven to 10 business days. Those who chose to receive it via a debit card will get it within three to four weeks.”

kstp.com/kstp-news/top-news/update-to-timeline-of-frontline-worker-payments-may-come-as-soon-as-monday

Mookie Blaylock
    Wright County, MN

He couldn’t buy my vote even if he tried. (which he didn’t)

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I posted about this back in August during the open period to apply and it got shut down within 2 hours because of all the political replies. Preparing for part 2…

BigWerm
    SW Metro

kstp.com/kstp-news/top-news/update-to-timeline-of-frontline-worker-payments-may-come-as-soon-as-monday

x2. My profession wasn’t eligible, and I’m fine with that. Here’s the ones that are/were, and hopefully they are the only ones getting it. Don’t have a ton of confidence in this administration processing this without significant amounts of fraud after the Feeding our Future scandal.

Building services, including maintenance, janitorial and security;
    Child care;
    Courts and corrections;
    Emergency responders;
    Food service, including production, processing, preparation, sale and delivery;
    Ground and air transportation services;
    Health care;
    Long-term care and home care;
    Manufacturing;
    Public health, social service and regulatory service;
    Public transit;
    Retail, including sales, fulfillment, distribution and delivery;
    Schools, including charter schools, state schools and higher education;
    Temporary shelters and hotels; and
    Vocational rehabilitation

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Just so you’re aware Mookie, this program was approved by the state legislature. There was a budget surplus and this is how they decided to spend a portion of it. This isn’t like the federal student loan forgiveness thing. That was unilateral decision making by the President without approval from Congress.

404 ERROR
    MN

That’s all this is when it’s this late in the game, IMO…

But it was approved by both sides…just saying.

orve4

I work on the Frontlines as a nurse. We are so short staff and working crazy hours and long weeks. Many of our nurses have left the profession to chase the big money doing traveling nursing. So we are stuck filling all those hours. So if they really want to help us out try a reduced tax rate for nurses and other front line workers on over time. Just my 2 cents.
    RN for over a Decade.

Deuces

These type workers actually deserved the pay, and quite frankly should have gotten much more, the essential essential worker really kicked @ss for all of us during the pandemic. The thousands of businesses that took PPP that didn’t need a single dime should be the ones getting scorned here.

Sharon
    SE Metro

No need to get political here and get this thread dusted like the last one! I was just sharing an update on the info. waytogo

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

It’s an embarrassment.

big_g
    Isle, MN

It was fun being “essential” at the start of the pandemic… we couldn’t get gloves, masks, hand sanitizer…. heck we couldn’t get azz wipe !!! Getting in and out of peoples vehicles… going to their house to pick them germ infestations on wheels to do the repairs !!! Remember, this was when the virus could sit on a surface for 2 weeks and be deadly !! That was fun !!! crazy doah

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

It was fun being “essential” at the start of the pandemic… we couldn’t get gloves, masks, hand sanitizer…. heck we couldn’t get azz wipe !!! Getting in and out of peoples vehicles… going to their house to pick them germ infestations on wheels to do the repairs !!! Remember, this was when the virus could sit on a surface for 2 weeks and be deadly !! That was fun !!! crazy doah

Same boat different trade. I was in and out of every hospital withing 150 miles, tons of buildings, food services and so much more. I guess I made to much to get any essential pay, Frontline pay, unemployment benefits, any form of any perk for ” braving the cold “.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

We did the same, we did have gloves for the most part and some hand sanitizer.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Essential worker here to but I guess not essential enough now.

Coletrain27

Did you fill out the application and got denied?

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Mike W wrote:</div>

Did you fill out the application and got denied?

Yes, can’t make over x amount on the year.

Coletrain27

Yes, can’t make over x amount on the year.

Yes you already mentioned that. I was asking mike…

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Pointing out stupidity by our government? Nope I can’t help myself when it comes to that.

Interesting timing for this to go through don’t you think? What happens 1 month from now?
    [/quote]

You’re an idiot. This has nothing to do with one party or another. It was budget surplus money that the state legislature approved, which consists of both parties. It’s not like Walz just decided to hand out money.

Sharon posted this purely for information purposes just like I did in August and the same political commentary like yours emerged.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

What about the people that lost their jobs during covid? Or those that wanted the choice to take the vaccine or not? Instead it goes to those that remained gainfully employed and vaccinated. This is political pandering.

Coletrain27

What about the people that lost their jobs during covid? Or those that wanted the choice to take the vaccine or not? Instead it goes to those that remained gainfully employed and vaccinated. This is political pandering.

Only the vaccinated get the money? Didn’t know that was part of it

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>suzuki wrote:</div>

Only the vaccinated gets the money? That’s news to me

Mandatory for front liners. Or they joined the unemployed.

Coletrain27

[/quote]

That’s funny, I don’t remember getting any vaccination…

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

[/quote]

Cool. One of the few nurses that didnt.

Coletrain27

Everyone who worked through Covid was a frontline worker.

If we had too much surplus why not just give it back to all the people who paid taxes?

waytogo waytogo waytogo

Coletrain27

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Coletrain27 wrote:</div>

Cool. One of the few nurses that didnt.
    [/quote]

I don’t remember being a nurse or even in the medical field at all

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

$400 or a cart of groceries to those who qualify…your choice seeing as they carry equal value in 2022. This isn’t going to make the slightest impact for anyone regardless of peoples stances on it.

Don’t get angry at people who may or may not be getting the $400, be mad at the businesses and wealthy lawmakers who took free money in PPP “loans” during this time that were barely regulated. Being one person living in a rural area, I could ramble off countless businesses who took the free money despite the pandemic having no negative impact on their work. A buddy owns a plumbing business with a few plumbers working under him who obviously just shrugged and kept working on their lengthy list of jobs. He made out quite well…for literally doing nothing other than the norm. The amount was over $90k added to his small business.

Dan
    Southeast MN

You’re a thousand percent wrong.

Dan
    Southeast MN

I blame the politicians for making that money available and forgivable to businesses that still had everyone employed. I don’t blame the businesses for taking it.

The people that abuse welfare, you got their back too?

Deuces

I disagree feathers, in the end everyone had a choice to stand by their principles.

Lots of folks complain about welfare, food stamps, blah blah yet if given a chance will take in tens of thousands of dollars. If the POTUS did one thing right it was to hire all the IRS agents and I hope they dig real hard into these folks.

Sharon
    SE Metro

Son of a biscuit you guys! chased

Attachments:
    1. Yikes.jpg

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 116 total)

The topic ‘Frontline Worker Pay Approved’ is closed to new replies.