Finding a boat and owner

• Lund1775
    Waconia, MN

I am wondering if anyone has had any luck trying to find a owner of a boat going off of registration numbers before. For example if an older boat is sitting in a field and all you can see is the registration numbers. I am trying to hunt down a boat and the potential owner, the only information I have is an old registration number form 1999. I tried the DNR and they said the info was private unless it fell into one of 8 categories, which for me it doesn’t. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

For example if an older boat is sitting in a field

You might try contacting the owner of the field.

Lund1775
    Waconia, MN

That was just an example. I don’t know where the boat is located currently. It was my grandfathers who sold it to my dad who sold it to some guy that came up to the house and asked about it. We unfortunately don’t have any information on it anymore as I am told. But i have the registration number from 1999 in an old picture.

tswoboda

Got any buddies in law enforcement?

Lund1775
    Waconia, MN

Unfortunately I don’t. I may have a connection in the DMV but I am not sure. I don’t think can give out that information either.

CaptainMusky

Got any buddies in law enforcement?

I understand this seems like an innocent situation, but I dont think this would be a good idea for any law enforcement officer to do what you are intimating.
    Not too long ago there was a lot of controversy with some guy using his access to get details on women in high profile positions (news anchors/reporters, etc) throughout the Twin Cities.

Deuces

I’m thoroughly confused on what you want out of this ordeal, you or or your fam doesn’t own the boat, hasn’t for awhile, don’t know who does, don’t have the boat on your property and don’t know where it actually is. What am I missing?

Lund1775
    Waconia, MN

Buying it back.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.