Fall Cold Fronts on River

• holstc

I am thinking about hitting P4 tommorow and skipping the duck hunt. Do these initial cold fronts in the fall typically turn the walleye bite on or do they affect them just like the summer?

Thanks!

AUTO_5
    Inactive
    Mendota Heights, MN

The guys been awful quiet on this forum lately. As for myself, with the last two cold nights I have had less action and smaller fish. Go figure. Maybe we just need some consistency in the cold… btw I am on pool 2
    Jake

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Looks like a good weekend to go find out.

Francis K
    Champlin, MN

A little slow for me last night on P2. Fished for four hours and pulled 2 upper teen ‘eyes and one channel.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Night fishing north metro has been spotty too. No fish for hour then you catch a dozen, not a single walleye last few times out bawling

Never caught so many smallies and northerns at night than this fall. All on hair and meat, no cranks, no plastics, no anything, lightest jig possible with a juicy fathead just hovering.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Think the front might of slowed the fish down a bit for my boat. Caught a few eyes on pool 2 saturday night. 6 off of one spot. Went back to the croix on sunday looking for a few eyes and crappies we had been getting over there. Only caught one walleye and one crappie. The cold front didnt seem to effect the sturgeon or red horse bite over there. Still a pretty nice weekend to be on the water.

holstc

I hit the river on Saturday and only caught one eye just under 20″. It was a great day on the water with the fall colors!

Paperlips21
    Glencoe, MN

Out on P2 Saturday afternoon and caught 1 little ‘eye, a 16″ sauger, and a couple of sheepies. I agree it was a great day on the river!

matt

Saturday night was o.k picked up some eyes and a nice flathead.Went last nite and it was much better.1/4oz black/white thumper jig with fathead vertical or drug up current has been working well for me.

Attachments:
    1. 20151017_194651.jpg

2. 20151019_200808.jpg

3. 20151019_201552.jpg

matt

Had some really good nights the past week,not alot of large fish but alot of fish.Plenty of misses and lost fish as well.They sure fight after smashing a jig in a couple feet of water.Havnt been out since Friday,be nice if the rain kicked the current up a notch.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Anyone notice a preference for paddletail plastics vs. grub/ringworms?

Typically the ringworms will start going but not the case, suppose the water is still 52 in north metro.

Smallies aren’t in my typical fall bends yet either, el nino is delaying this year, should be good and ready in couple weeks hopefully.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.