Continued fromJames post Since colors are covered

• Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

What style would be your go to bait day in and day out. There are so many manufacturers and styles from these manufacuturers, and I am sure at some point they will all catch fish but …What would your four go to cranks be? For trolling and casting.

dave-barber
    St Francis, MN

Depends on where I am fishing. If I am casting close to or on top of weeds, I would go with a husky jerk. If trolling along flats or near rock piles, I would go with a deep diver.

Jim K
    Mpls, Mn

I kind of go along with Dave. It depends. Maybe you should come back with a particular style, or circumstance that you’re thinking about.

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

I have to go along with Dave and will also say that I use the minnow stickbait style lure for pulling behind 3-ways too. Deep divers and Fat Rraps work great for wingdams and rocky shoreline casting.
    Thanks, Bill

fishman1
    Dubuque, Iowa

My “go-to” casting crank for greenies is a JSR5 jointed Shad Rap. The No. 5 size dives deep enough for me to fish most wingdams. I also long-line pull these parrallel to the top sides of longer wingdams. When pulling a 3-way I usually will use a double Rapala (stick-bait) set-up. Rapalas, Jr. Thundersticks and other stick baits work well in this set-up.

Eyehunter

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.