Eskimo 2400 eskape

• Tom schmitt

I’m thinking about going with an eskimo 2400 eskape.
    Has anyone any experience with it.
    I’m not sure about the bench seat.
    Any input would be helpful.

Beast

I have the 2600 love the room but it is on the heavy side, bit of a learning curve on the setting up on the ice, I think I finally got that part figured out. the insulation is top notch. both units will fit under most bed covers. good solid tubs.

Tom schmitt

Do the extension pins stay latched? The one I looked at in the store never wanted to stay up.

I can’t find a 2400 to look at.

Beast

Do the extension pins stay latched? The one I looked at in the store never wanted to stay up.

I can’t find a 2400 to look at.

mine does, the trick to setting mine up, extend the first 3 hoops, put in the front vertical poles, then the last hoop that’s the back hoop, then slide the front extension up for the side doors, added the rest of the spreader poles as needed.

Randall Schultz

Sat in one today…definitely a pass on the bench seat.

I need a little back support.

Tom schmitt

Hopefully next year Eskimo gets rid of the bench or offers single seats as an option.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

These don’t have the option of 2 single seats. Eskimos single seats are awesome

Beast

when you go to the 2600, they come with 2 seats on slides.

ekruger01

Now if I could stick those clam seats in there!

The bench was the main reason I went to a 2600. With a little Mechanical ability you should be able to mod the seat system. After a year with the eskimo seats, I modded an Otter lodge cross bar, and seat bases into my 2600. Literally took me an hour. Now I can stand my otter rod boxes Vertically in the back of the sled instead of them taking up the majority of the footprint (Laying them horizontal) under the Front/Back spanning eskimo seats.

Tom schmitt

That’s what I’m leaning towards.
    I modified the seat on my old yukon. Big upgrade.
    My yukon tent is more like a screen and the tub cracked, so it’s pretty much worthless, but the seats are awesome.
    I just hate paying for something just to put it on a shelf somwewhere.

Gotem

Question for you guys that have been running a 2400 or 2600 Eskape the last couple seasons. How are the sleds holding up? I’ve only had Otter shacks, but really want something that will fit under my bed cover. I’ve beat the crap out of my Otter sleds pulling behind an ATV on rough ice and have never had an issue. The Eskimo feels a little lighter duty overall.

ekruger01

Question for you guys that have been running a 2400 or 2600 Eskape the last couple seasons. How are the sleds holding up? I’ve only had Otter shacks, but really want something that will fit under my bed cover. I’ve beat the crap out of my Otter sleds pulling behind an ATV on rough ice and have never had an issue. The Eskimo feels a little lighter duty overall.

I put a ton of miles on mine behind the wheeler the last two years and it still looks just as good as my cottage did. Also picked up the new eskape 2000 this year. Just add a quality hyfax kit and the sled will be fine.

Beast

I pull mine with a ATV as well, hasn’t shown any abnormal wear, I too use a hyflex kit.

Randall Schultz

I grabbed a 2000 as well…. little more room than my Cottage

Tom schmitt

I decided to go with the 2600, man is it huge.
    Just barely fits in my truck. Made a ramp that clamps to the tailgate. Icon load it myself when it’s loaded.
    Hopefully we get to use it soon.

4 BUCK
    South Dakota

I just picked up a Sierra thermal I liked it better than the 2000 because of the seats. No side door though but I fish by myself 99% of the time.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I had the eskimo 2600 I bought from a guy on this site. I used it lightly for 1 season. It was sweet, the chairs were awesome, it was a great size for a actual day of fishing and even better to ice camp in. I ended up giving it to one of my buddies kids who did some yard work for me. I made that 16 year Olds life he had said. I kind if miss that shack, but I have to much gear and had to down size. 5 shacks was to many even for me to justify.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.