BFT Paddletail

• riverwino
    Ames, Iowa

Ive used all of BFT’s plastic baits in a variety of colors (And use their jigheads exclusivly now), however one bait that has really tore up my local flows has been the “great white” paddletail. i have caught every species of fish in the river, from every part of the water column, with a variety of presentations on this bait.

i usually wade, so i cant carry 40 colors of each lure. the white color seems to produce well in the clearest of water, to very heavy stained water.

very versatile lure, thanks BFT

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Thanks for your take on that!

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

White is an always effective and often overlooked color. Thanks for the reminder!

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

There just aren’t enough good things to say about the paddletails. Awesome bait. BFT has a real winner there, and the white is a great producer. My biggest paddletail eye came on white.

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Just great…that is one color I don’t have Just might have to get a bag to try

riverwino
    Ames, Iowa

my biggest ‘eye of last year came on a paddletail
    biggest white bass as well.

I think the subtle tail wag, and slim aerodynmaic body really kick arse in current. add in a h20 jighead and some 6lb. mono and its a current slicing machine. sort of reminds me of the charlie brewer slider fishing methods.

mike_j
    Nashua Iowa

I just caught a 7 pound eye 2 hours ago on a Blue/white tail Paddle tail. I’ve been knocking the eyes on paddle tails the last three days. And they hit them like a freight train. I can’t say enough for the paddle tails.

dustin_stewart
    Rochester, MN

Nice fish Mike . What body of water are you fishing?

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Quote:

And they hit them like a freight train.

You got that right. Yesterday we were vertical jigging them in 22′ of water and there was no doubt when you had a fish. You could barely see the jig from the mouth when you hooked one.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.