New pistol laser is amazing!

• tedpeck
    Genoa Wi

Just got a Crimson Trace laser sight for my Beretta. Installation was a simple matter of taking off the two grips and putting on new ones. Laser is integrated into the grips and doesn’t change the gun’s profile.
    Results are nothing short of amazing. In anything less than extreme bright light conditions this device will help you put bullets in the 10 ring essentially every time if you can put the red dot on the black.
    Just for grins I set three pop cans out at 75 YARDS and knocked ’em over in five shots…and the two misses were my fault!
    Hunting applications are limited as most states only allow lasers for visually handicapped.
    Self protection is a whole nother matter. In a threat situation we tend to get tunnel vision, focusing on the threat, trying to come back and line the threat up between a pair of sights six inches apart is extemely difficult.
    With the Crimson Trace laser there is no need. If you can hold the dot on target that’s where the bullet will go.
    I ran a 10 rnd. clip thru the Beretta, literally firing from the hip at 50 ft. and put every one of them in the black.
    With concealed carry about to become reality in Wisconsin, this is something you might really want to think about.
    If you ever have to pull that gun and use it, your life will change forever–regardless of the outcome.
    If some bad guy looks down and sees that red dot on his chest chances are the threat potential will be immediately diminished…and if you look down range and see the dot on a granny, you certainly aren’t gonna drop the hammer.
    Police statistics say about 80 percent of officer involved shootings happen in low light conditions, with only about 14 percent of thousands of rounds fired actually hitting the target. where do the other rounds go ? And cops have extensive training…or at least they should have!
    If you are, or intend to become an armed citizen I strongly urge you to look into the Crimson Trace laser. for the aforementioned reasons.
    Sure, it may cost you a couple hundred bucks. But it also greatly enhances your chances for survival.
    I used to keep a Winchester Defender 12 ga. riot gun with tactical light loaded with 000 buckshot under the bed with a quick access lock thru the receiver.
    The riot gun is now unloaded. The Beretta is readily accessible and secure, with loaded clips with Carbon rounds nearby.
    Law enforcement is a good 20 minutes away out where I live. I refuse to be a victim. Both my daughters received handguns–and proper instruction for their 21st birthdays.
    My youngest is still in the USCG Reserve, and regularly qualifies as “sharpshooter”.
    You ought to see the damage that kid can do to a target with the Crimson Trace laser!

Anyway…check it out. Your very life may depend on it. Their website is http://www.crimsontrace.com

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Ted, I haven’t gone to the site yet…but wondering if they are adjustable?

Also, what is the word on the CC law of our friends in WI? Last I heard they where on the edge for votes.

tedpeck
    Genoa Wi

Just got an email from Rep Brett Davis. concealed Carry passed, governor will do his shuffling and veto will be overridden by Feb. 1.
    Regarding adjusting the laser…Crimson Trace gives you a little tool kit, but the laser is preset to drill holes at 50 ft.
    Changed the four screws in the handgrips on mine in about 5 minutes and was immediately sighted in and good to go.
    Gun profile doesn’t change. This isn’t like some lasers which mount below the barrel. It is integrated right into the grip and activated when you come to a shooting position.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Cool! on both counts!

tedpeck
    Genoa Wi

Played with the new laser sighted Beretta over Christmas. My daughter, the Coastie, hit 10 cans in 10 shots at 30 yds….outshooting her older sister by one can.
    They wanted to hide in the bushes on Christmas Eve. The plan was to put a round in Rudolph, cause he would be pulling the sled…then just work their way down the string.
    Kids take after their mother. I just wanted to leave the Jolly Old Elf some milk and cookies.

jwellsy

Save Rudolf for last.
    If you pick the lead one off first
    the others will tend to scatter more

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Said by a true crow hunter!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.