Minnkota Power Drive Problem..HELP!

• haywood04
    Winona, Minnesota

I have a Minnkota Power Drive with the plug in foot controller. I have two of them, one I cannot turn right with and the other it would not turn on momentary switch the rest of the control aspects worked. ( I did go online and see the problem with those foot controllers and such) Anyhow, I pulled one apart to work on it and had it plugged into the trolling motor when working on it and not sure why but both foot will not work now. Is there a fuse or some type of switch I could have blown? I have no idea how that might of happened, I did nothing to surge it and such? I am reaching for an answer?
    Anyone got any ideas? (At this point to say get a new one or go to a cable set up is not much help )
    Or do you know anyone in the Winona area who could look at it? Thanks

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

The Motor Clinic in Bloomington has helped me out in the past. They have always turned my trolling motors around within a week. Good luck.

Motor Clinic

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

You won’t like this answer Haywood…but since you’ve taken them apart and now neither one works… see the reply above.

Also West End Sports in Red Wing has kick butt service and they’re right next to 4 Season Sports.

PS I tripped and landed on my PD foot pedal. It started smoking…I wish there was a fuse.

I would bet a quarter it’s the contacts in the pedal.

wally1992
    Evansville MN

Just went through somewhat the same scenario. Mine would rotate but would not spin the prop, but you could still here the relay click. I thought it may be the control board, but it was the momentary switch itself. There are 3 screws on the backside of the plat that hold the switch and speed selector together. I could not get it to tighten enough so that the switch would make proper contact with the mechanism in the board.
    So I drilled one screw hole all the way through and used a screw with a nut to draw it together tighter. Works good now.

haywood04
    Winona, Minnesota

My biggest worry is that it is no longer just the foot controls but the motor? I just took one apart, and the trolling motor was working to begin with then nothing, for both foot pedals? and now neither work at all? That is what was so confusing? Again I did nothing tat would either surge the motor or short it? Weird?

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

I think I a have a brand new one the basement if you want to give it a try.

FDR

haywood04
    Winona, Minnesota

I will PM you.
    Thanks

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Have had a few foot pedals go bad. Think its about $45 for a new one. Had a board go bad to. Seem to remember that was about $100. Trying another foot pedal should tell you pretty quick which one it is.

SoDak Fisher Guy
    Eastern SD

Since we are on the topic, I do have a question for you fellas. I have a Powerdrive V2. It came with the remote/Ipilot. I bought a foot pedal to make it easier to control the boat while casting.

Question is, can i still use my remote with the foot pedal connected? or is that only on the Terrova models?

4 BUCK
    South Dakota

Terrova only.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.