tranny question switching trannys chevy,,94 -97

• smoke grub

in an effort to “save money” can I steal and combine from my suburbans to make a running suburban? I have a 94 truck that is flooding out, and some one said that I needed new injectors on it to fix the problem.. consequently, my other truck tranny is the one that clunks hard when it gets hot..
    the newer truck has the 4wd that is button.. where as the older one, has a ‘floor shift”.. neither need to be engaged at the tires.. can I rob Peter to pay Paul on these trucks?

onestout
    Hudson, WI

Are you swapping transmissions or transfer cases? It would be easier and cheaper to just fix the fuel issue, those are pretty simple systems. IMO

smoke grub

one truck 97 has useable running boards, which my wife( bad knees) needs to use to get into the truck.. Its just a better ‘all around’ truck.. although both have good and bad points.. I am just wondering. and trying to “save a buck” either that, or I am buying one, possibly two vehicles in either August or September.. or I am buying at least one Vehicle but trying not to be buying two.. they both have 200,000 miles on them.. but the engines are both good and strong.. I am trying to milk out the most of them.. without throwing good money at bad..

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

I believe the 2 trucks have different stlye transmissions and different style transfer cases,so I dont think they wont work by switching to one another .

I need to make a trip down to you and see what the cluck is for you I think

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.