St. Croix Legend Elite or Legend Extreme?

• jeff_hansen

I’ve decided to take the plunge and buy a couple of high dollar rods… trouble is I can’t decide which one, the Legend Elite or Legend Extreme? The models that I’m looking at are the 6’8″ medium extra fast and the 6’9″ medium light extra fast. For those that have used them, which do you prefer the Elite or Extreme?

johnksully
    Lakeville, MN

6′-8″ for mono and 6′-9″ for braid. Both great rods. I have both. It seems I’m always grabbing my 6’9″ over the 6′-8″. I guess I’m just liking braid more these days.

jeff_hansen

Which type of rod the Legend Elite or Legend Extreme?

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

Quote:

I’ve decided to take the plunge and buy a couple of high dollar rods… trouble is I can’t decide which one, the Legend Elite or Legend Extreme? The models that I’m looking at are the 6’8″ medium extra fast and the 6’9″ medium light extra fast. For those that have used them, which do you prefer and why?

If your using lighter weight jigs(up to 5/16) buy the Legend Extreme 6’9″ medium light extra fast all the way

Heavier go with the Legend Extreme medium extra fast.

All you have to do is use a Legend Extreme rod once and you will understand why this rod should be in your arsenal if you fishing for walleyes.

I have 4 and wouldnt part with them no matter what !!!

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

You have a PM

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

Fished them both…Legend Extreme here…especially now with NSI for about 35% more durability!

wormdunker

Most of my rods are Legend Elites. Most are the previous/original green ones. Last year I bought a Legend tournament (blue) and a current day Legend Elite. Both 7′ M Spinning. I fish primarily small mouth and use Power pro, recently though switched to Nano fil on these two rods.
    I enjoy fishing my Tournament more than the Elite. These rods are beginning to have negligible differences when it comes to weight and balance. The reason I like the Tourney more is the handle style.
    I am not a fan of larger diameter handles. The elites now have larger handles.
    Sensitivity is almost not discernible.
    So my answer to your question? Pick the one that has the handle style you like. I would choose an extreme over a tournament and the Elite. But Tourney over Elite.
    Either way, you will enjoy fishing the rods. just make sure you put a lighter weight reel on it to take advantage of the benefits of the rod.

Ron Johnsen
    Platteville wi

Extreme here love mine

super_do
    St Michael, MN

Another thing to think about is the REC Recoil guides on the Extreme. They are much more durable than the other guides and make the rod a tad lighter. Though I’ve never done it to mine, they claim that you can flatten the guide to the rod blank and it will pop right back up.

KirtH
    Lakeville

I love my 6’8″ Legend Extreme!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.