DIY Kicker install on WX2060

• Ryan Darnell

Has anyone installed a Yamaha T9.9 kicker with remote their self on a 2020 WX2060? I recently purchased a Yamaha 9.9 from marketplace and plan on installing it myself. I ordered all the parts I need according to Skeeter. I had my local boat shop order the parts for me. They haven’t installed a kicker before so I thought I’ll try it and save some money. I’m going to have all kinds of questions and will definitely be asking for as many pictures as possible. Thanks

Musky Ed

Thought all 2060’s came with a kicker? Yours must be older. Also for years, all kickers have been mounted on a 6″ setback. I think the setback was needed to get the prop in cleaner water, and possibly triming up.

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Thought all 2060’s came with a kicker? Yours must be older. Also for years, all kickers have been mounted on a 6″ setback. I think the setback was needed to get the prop in cleaner water, and possibly triming up.

Kickers were standard then but a customer could opt for a factory credit. The setback is required as the transom doesnt have a splash well or lip edge to hang directly any more as in the past.

Ryan Darnell

I believe 2020 was the last year that you had the option to not have the kicker. I bought the setback plate that I will use when I mount the motor.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.