Digger Anchor

• Outdraft
    Western Wi.

Anyone have any experience using this anchor ? I’m looking for a lighter anchor to replace my heavy navy anchor and my river style anchor. I mostly fish the miss river pools 4 and 5 and wondering if they will hold in a rocky bottom

Joe Scegura
    Alexandria MN

In my experience diggers don’t hold well at all. I saw a guy cut the rope on one and toss it in the lake. You had to laugh at that. My buddy has one for sale, he said it’s absolute junk.

My vote would go to a WaterSpike. They hold very well.

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

I would think a water spike would be
    your best bet.
    Jack

watisituya
    North Metro

I also agree with the water spike. I had to buy a new one last year after my rope snapped in heavy wind/waves…

Ryan Speers
    Waconia, MN

I did not like the waterspike for fishing rivers, I switched to Cat River anchors and have been happy. But that might not fix the weight issue.

Ryan

Pauleye
    Onamia

I bought one and used it with the correct lenght of rope. It did not hold at all, even tried some chain. I lost it in the Rainy River replaced it with a heavy navy anchor.

papaperch

If you want an anchor that HOLDS in anything. Google box anchor,I tried one last year. Hugely [popular with catfishermen.

I don’t fish for cats but this anchor flat works.

Outdraft
    Western Wi.

Thanks guys for your inputs, it looks like I’ll be staying with what I have for now at least til I can upgrade to some sort of spotlock system

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

I think I have a water Spike. I’ll take a look around tonight if there is interest. Had been sitting idle for 5 years.

Cat river anchor for me.

Timmy

FBRM – is the 50# ziptie on that cat river anchor adequate? Ever have issues with it breaking/releasing when the boat is bouncing in waves?

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

FBRM – is the 50# ziptie on that cat river anchor adequate? Ever have issues with it breaking/releasing when the boat is bouncing in waves?

Never broke one accidently.

I did almost lose it once though. I threw it into an old Rusty 50 gallon steel drum, rusted. Anchor literally went into the side of the drum. I had to lift that drum to the surface half filled with mud and try to extract my anchor from the Rusty sharp steel drum. That was quite the challenge!!?!!

Outdraft
    Western Wi.

What size boat and cat anchor do you have

yellowdog
    Alma Wi

Mark I think I have a waterspike in my garage. Get ahold of me next time your in Alma. Your welcome to try it out if you like.

Outdraft
    Western Wi.

Thanks dog,I’ll be in touch

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.