Sundays walk

• coppertop
    Central MN

Well with my 0 sightings of a good buck around home this season I decided to see if I could make things happen on some public property 3 hours north. It turns out I probably picked the worst day for a slow sneak/walk. The new snow that had fell was light and fluffy and hung on even the smallest branches making my visability in the woods only 20-30ft. Glad I had my gps to keep me from walking circles and get me to a main road so I could walk a new clearcut. It didn’t take long to walk up on some deer, some would get up a fair distance away and some would let me walk right to them in their beds. Not my favorite way to hunt because I hate to push deer and stress them anymore than they already are but the mess the loggers made and the deep snow kept me at a snails pace which worked great. I ended up seeing 11 does and fawns and one 2.5 yr old 8 pt. No shots fired but had a great time spending the whole day looking at a winter wonderland and enjoying breakfast, luch and dinner with the deer.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Still hunting is by far the most challenging hunting there is in my opinion. Very cool hunt!

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Some awesome pictures Randy! Thanks for sharing and congrats on your encounters!

lick

Cool hunt and great pictures Randy

qdm4life
    Albertville, MN

I love fresh powder late season still hunting, it reminds me some what of hunters long dead would feel like hunting for that last deer for the winter!!

bob_bergeson
    cannon falls

Very cool! Thanks for sharing

johnsy
    Mantorville, Mn

Looks like a great time and awesome pics

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.