Decoy time

• coppertop
    Central MN

For those with decoys now is the time. I’ve been using a single buck decoy on the edge of a food plot and have had 7 different bucks within 10 yrds since Sun a.m. This is the only year so far that I’ve got nothing but positive results from does, fawns and bucks. Yeah, I’m knocking on wood as I type.

muskyman
    Arkansaw, Wisconsin

I agree coppertop, I was using a decoy last night and got a shot on a good one. Left him overnight, going back this morning to check things out with good light. If it wasn’t for my decoy I would never have even seen this deer. He made a beline for my decoy as I was getting out of the tree. I got a 15 yard shot on him just before he creamed my decoy!!! It was awesome!!

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

We have 3 decoys for this weekend’s hunt. A doe and two bucks. I can’t wait to get them out and see if the deer like them.

Good luck Muskyman!!!

lick

Good Luck Muskyman

muskyman
    Arkansaw, Wisconsin

Well thatnks guys but….. it didn’t happen. We trailed him for about 350 yards and he never bedded down once and ended up loseing blood. He was quartering away from me pretty hard. I tried to tuck it in behind his last rib and drive it up through everything. I released the arrow and it went a little bit higher than I wanted but I got a total pass through, with the arrow coming out somewhere in the front of the deer. I think I clipped 1 lung and it come out high on his chest. I just can’t believe it didn’t take out major organs or arteries? I think it was the deer on the right in this pic. Not sure because it happened so quickly I didn’t have much time to study the rack.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.