Anbody know?

• coppertop
    Central MN

Roughly what the going rental rate is for ag land in MN. Got an idea brewing and wondering. I was thinking maybe $150/acre???? Not sure.

skineboy
    Red Wing, MN

I have some family that rents their ag land for $175/acre.

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Yep Randy, My family rents it out for around 120 I think, and it’s nice ground.. What do you have in mind? I may copy you!

caincando1
    Dodge Center, MN/Alma,WI

It’s 200-225 around me. Some place a little cheaper depending on how the gound produces.

PowerFred

Land in western Vernon county in Wisconsin can vary anywhere from $50-$225, depending on who the lessor and lessee are, the past production rate of the land, soil types, etc.

The guys who cash rent lots of land that are getting payments from govt. programs and the ones who sell on forward contracts generally pay higher rents than the local family farmer who uses the crops for feed. Long term leases sometimes net higher rents because the renter knows he has the land locked up for a given period of time. A one year deal usually won’t get as high a rent. Most farmers don’t like to invest alot of money into trying to build up the soil on a parcel that they can only farm for a year or two before they have to re-negotiate the terms.

Try calling the County Ag extension office to see if they have any hard data.

ranger777
    OtterTail Cty/Minnetrista

Around $100 in Parkers Prairie, MN

tapout

south eastern minnesota were getting 175 to 250 depending on how good the soil is.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.