Wisconsin deer hunting

• little_g
    durand WI

Is there anyone pumped for the opener or got one patterned?

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE ON A GREAT SEASON.

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

I am pumped for the opener…except for the forecast which is caling for highs in the 80’s! I’ll miss opening morning as my son has a football game but will be out Saturday evening and then Sunday morning.

lick

just another day

super_do
    St Michael, MN

I’ll be in the stand in the morning

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

we have to wait until Oct 1 here in Mich…

But I can start my Bear hunt Tuesday!

rvrat
    st cloud,mn

YEEEEEEHAAWWWWWW…Im leavin work at noon and headin to WI with another buddy…just hunting the weekend but cant wait…Its going to be a bit warm and I dont expect much….so it should be a relaxing weekend…good luck to all and be safe….is it noon yet?

coppertop
    Central MN

Good luck Y’all! Can’t wait to hear reports.

walleyefisher87
    Central MN/SJU

Well i wont be in Wisconsin this weekend….have to work hay days swap meet by Forest Lake…”check out the Redtail tent” but im heading to Missouri late wed night through sunday so that should be a blast…Gonna be hotter than WI but a buddy was scouting two weeks ago and saw five bucks over 140 with one bruiser pushing 170+. Question for you guys is with Missouri being further south do you think that the deer will possibly still be in velvet or not? This is my first early season hunt down there and i was just wondering.

rsballar6941
    Rochester, MN

Yep, you should see plenty of bucks still in velvet but dont be surprised to see them shedding while you are there. I lived in Missouri my entire life and had numerous encounters with bucks still in velvet well into that first week of the season. I do however have a question for everyone else. My cousin shot a nice 10 point a couple of years ago on the last day of rifle season that was completely in full velvet, any thoughts why?

lick

Quote:

Yep, you should see plenty of bucks still in velvet but dont be surprised to see them shedding while you are there. I lived in Missouri my entire life and had numerous encounters with bucks still in velvet well into that first week of the season. I do however have a question for everyone else. My cousin shot a nice 10 point a couple of years ago on the last day of rifle season that was completely in full velvet, any thoughts why?

did it have nuts????

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

yeah – sounds like an antlered doe

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

“little g” hunts down in Missouri and most of his bucks that he captured on trail cam are already out of velvet.

up man
    UP MICHIGAN

OH YEA, IVE BEEN GLASSING RELIGIOUSLY FOR THE LAST FEW WEEKS AND KNOW RIGHT WHERE TO GO ACTUALLY MY GOOD BUDDY LITTLE G HAS US HOOKED UP ON THE PATTERNS FOR THIS WEEKEND. CANT WAIT!!

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Quote:

OH YEA, IVE BEEN GLASSING RELIGIOUSLY FOR THE LAST FEW WEEKS AND KNOW RIGHT WHERE TO GO ACTUALLY MY GOOD BUDDY LITTLE G HAS US HOOKED UP ON THE PATTERNS FOR THIS WEEKEND. CANT WAIT!!

Glassing all the way from the UP huh? You’re good little buddy would shoot that big 8 if he could…

Looking forward to meeting you this weekend UP MAN!

little_g
    durand WI

I sure would deer first buddys last.
    All the pictures from missouri have been out of velvet.

little_g
    durand WI

Brad do you have the teams picked out yet? Just something i thought you could be doing rather than giving out crap to me.

garyd1
    Apple Valley, MN

I wont be able to make it out saturday but hopefully sunday night we can put the down on a big old buffalo county buck.

rsballar6941
    Rochester, MN

Yep it had nuts It was very strange neck wasn’t swollen and it did not shows signs of a rutting buck. It did however come running in to the horns. I will get a picture here in a bit, as he had it mounted for sure!

rsballar6941
    Rochester, MN

Quote:

yeah – sounds like an antlered doe

will a doe hold the velvet throughout her life or hows does this work? I had an opportunity to take a small basket rack 8 when I lived in missouri right before the gun opener that was still in velvet, couldnt manage to let the arrow fly however on such a small deer. Possibly a doe

lick

Quote:

Brad do you have the teams picked out yet? Just something i thought you could be doing rather than giving out crap to me.

i think the skipper has to wait for gilligan to get back from that wedding thing

12pt
    Wisconsin

I just moved into a new house last week and I have a big honey-do list to do this month, so I,m a little jealous of everyone out hunting this weekend. On the brighter side I am getting a new bow next week and it will be ready for Oct.good luck to you all.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.