Best scents

• buckmaster

Deer season has begun and the time is here to kill the thirdy pointer. Just wondering what type of scents everyone uses? I know there are plenty of them out there. Just wondering about other products and how they work.

I use Tink’s #69 Doe-in-Rut Buck lure and for a cover scent I use Harmon Earth scent.

bow1
    Maynard, Iowa

I use Tinks #69 during pre and peak rut. Actually use a tampon, unscented of course, rub on bottom of boot before entering the stand and then hang in a tree about twenty yds from stand at deer nose level. As far as cover scents, I simply hang my hunting clothes on the clothes line for about two days and keep them in the garage, seems to work good. Sometimes people get wrapped up in all the cover scent and it actually works against them. Rubber boots is a key to. They don’t leave a scent. Lacrosse makes a good boot, and have them available in different layers of thinsulate. I wear the Lacrosse 4 wheel drive in 800 grams of thinsulate, seem to be plenty warm for the cold sits. Hope this helps!

bow1
    Maynard, Iowa

I use Tinks #69 during pre and peak rut. Actually use a tampon, unscented of course, rub on bottom of boot before entering the stand and then hang in a tree about twenty yds from stand at deer nose level. As far as cover scents, I simply hang my hunting clothes on the clothes line for about two days and keep them in the garage, seems to work good. Sometimes people get wrapped up in all the cover scent and it actually works against them. Rubber boots is a key to. They don’t leave a scent. Lacrosse makes a good boot, and have them available in different layers of thinsulate. I wear the Lacrosse 4 wheel drive in 800 grams of thinsulate, seem to be plenty warm for the cold sits. Hope this helps!

krisko
    Durand, WI

I usually use CodeBlue. It works good for me. I used to use a tampon as a drag. I use another little device I made. I also use Pee Willy Wic dispensers. I do have to agree I don’t get too carried away in cover scents. I use a light earth scent and that’s about it. My clothes stay in a plastic Rubber Maid storage container. I keep my boots in there with the clothes too!

krisko
    Durand, WI

I usually use CodeBlue. It works good for me. I used to use a tampon as a drag. I use another little device I made. I also use Pee Willy Wic dispensers. I do have to agree I don’t get too carried away in cover scents. I use a light earth scent and that’s about it. My clothes stay in a plastic Rubber Maid storage container. I keep my boots in there with the clothes too!

buckmaster

I couldn’t agree more with the rubber boots and storage bags. I do have rubber boots and I do store my cloths in a bag as well. Good advice peeps!!

buckmaster

I couldn’t agree more with the rubber boots and storage bags. I do have rubber boots and I do store my cloths in a bag as well. Good advice peeps!!

waterswat
    WI

I use Tinks and Mrs. Doe Pee I think it is, can’t remember the name exactly, just used it last year. Anyway cabela’s had a refrigerator in the scent aisle that it is kept in. Put them in one of those Tink bombs and hang from a tree. My clothes I spray on scent away and I also use some raccoon urine on my boots before I walk into the woods. Had a buck last year sniff my bottom step to my stand and didn’t even get spooked. Man I love this time of year.

waterswat
    WI

I use Tinks and Mrs. Doe Pee I think it is, can’t remember the name exactly, just used it last year. Anyway cabela’s had a refrigerator in the scent aisle that it is kept in. Put them in one of those Tink bombs and hang from a tree. My clothes I spray on scent away and I also use some raccoon urine on my boots before I walk into the woods. Had a buck last year sniff my bottom step to my stand and didn’t even get spooked. Man I love this time of year.

duckilr
    Mississippi River

Well I am not a big fan of tinks (I’ve had deer smell it and literally run away), But I am a big fan of scents during rut! I love that time of year, when I (people) have the advantage over that buck that has let his guards down for some a$$ if you know what I mean. I use Wildlife Reasearch “golden estrus”….a couple drops in a retract-a-drag. I like that because you can just pull it all in and put a cap on it and not have to worry about having pee scent all over everything. I have also used some HS scent wafers to cover, but like everyone else, rubber boats and concealed storage is the key. I store all my gear in one of those big scentlock (huge ziplock) bags.

duckilr
    Mississippi River

Well I am not a big fan of tinks (I’ve had deer smell it and literally run away), But I am a big fan of scents during rut! I love that time of year, when I (people) have the advantage over that buck that has let his guards down for some a$$ if you know what I mean. I use Wildlife Reasearch “golden estrus”….a couple drops in a retract-a-drag. I like that because you can just pull it all in and put a cap on it and not have to worry about having pee scent all over everything. I have also used some HS scent wafers to cover, but like everyone else, rubber boats and concealed storage is the key. I store all my gear in one of those big scentlock (huge ziplock) bags.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.