BFishN Tackle DRAGGIN’ JIGS!

• bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

VERY nice fish James. A close up of those jigs is much needed to be seen by everyone.
    Thanks, Bill

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

VERY nice fish James. A close up of those jigs is much needed to be seen by everyone.
    Thanks, Bill

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Thanks, Bill

Crankbait

Thanks for the pics!

Man that thing looks deadly. Sure is nice to see a weedless jig design that keeps the walleye angler in mind. I’ve had some issues keeping me off the water and out of the boat the last couple weeks so hopefully Dean still has some left by this weekend!

I notice the plastics keeper is on the inside of the shank. Out of curiosity, was there some theory behind that decision?

dustin_stewart
    Rochester, MN

Quote:

I notice the plastics keeper is on the inside of the shank. Out of curiosity, was there some theory behind that decision?

Yes there was. If you have it on the other side like the Precision Heads it will catch the bottom much easier. The keeper works great for holding crawlers and is also good for threading on a piece of plastic, cutting it off and then add bait. Threading on a piece of plastics to the presentation just gives some added color.

I would like to thank B-fish for all the work they have put in to this great jig over the past couple of years. I have been lucky enough to demo these jigs thru the past couple of years until myself, and another great river rat were more than satisfied with their performance

Great jig guys .

Crankbait

Thanks for the pics!

Man that thing looks deadly. Sure is nice to see a weedless jig design that keeps the walleye angler in mind. I’ve had some issues keeping me off the water and out of the boat the last couple weeks so hopefully Dean still has some left by this weekend!

Crankbait

Thanks for the pics!

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Thanks for the pics. These jigs look alittle different than I thought they would be but that difference is ”much better.” These jigs should ride upward much better when dragged than most and have a long enough hook to add either live bait or a plastic which makes them very multipurpose which adds to their value. Very well thought out and tested I can tell from their style. MUST get some of these in my hands.
    Thanks, Bill

dustin_stewart
    Rochester, MN

Quote:

Yes there was. If you have it on the other side like the Precision Heads it will catch the bottom much easier. The keeper works great for holding crawlers and is also good for threading on a piece of plastic, cutting it off and then add bait. Threading on a piece of plastics to the presentation just gives some added color.

I would like to thank B-fish for all the work they have put in to this great jig over the past couple of years. I have been lucky enough to demo these jigs thru the past couple of years until myself, and another great river rat were more than satisfied with their performance

Great jig guys .

dustin_stewart
    Rochester, MN

Quote:

Great jig guys .

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Thanks for the pics. These jigs look alittle different than I thought they would be but that difference is ”much better.” These jigs should ride upward much better when dragged than most and have a long enough hook to add either live bait or a plastic which makes them very multipurpose which adds to their value. Very well thought out and tested I can tell from their style. MUST get some of these in my hands.
    Thanks, Bill

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Thanks, Bill

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

I’ve had a chance to demo these jigs on the river and they will keep your bait in the zone without snag-ups better than anything else I have seen. The size of the hook allows for better hook-ups and less fish lost. There’s nothing worse than finally sticking a 25-30 incher only to have her come unbuttoned on the way tot he boat. Dave at BFT has spent a lot of time, and there has been a ton of testing to get this product done right. I think this is it! I was out on the river with Mike W. last Sundat at the GTG. We were dragging jigs in the back channel. I had the new BFT jigs and Mike had some regular jigs. He kept getting hung up and finally switched over to the new draggin’ jigs. Problem solved. The thin profile, the weedguard, and the way in which the weight of the jig is properly distributed all combine to give you the best chance to move through the snags rather than getting stuck in them. This is an easy one for any of you who drag jigs in the nasty stuff. If you prefer fishing over retying jigs, the new BFT draggin’ jigs are for you.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

The hook has a small bend in the shank to ensure that the lead doesn’t spin or break lose from the hook and that bend extends down from the shank of the hook taking up space at the bottom of the jig that would make it impossible to run the bait keeper on the bottom.

So since we couldn’t put it on the bottom we put it on the top side. I don’t believe it is possible to snag that wire on anything to the point where you could hang up the jig but it would catch small debris or gunk. In this weedless application having that keeper on top of the hook and behind the head made the most sense.

Crankbait

It’s all in the details!

Even though it sounds like this jig is designed with a specific technique in mind, has anyone experimented with other applications as well? Although the Precision Jig is THE jig for pitching, I know I won’t be able to resist taking a few casts with this new weedless design towards some heavy snags just to try it.

Another quick question if you guys have a minute is what weights will these be offered in?

Thanks,
    Chris

jd318
    NE Nebraska

Quote:

Another quick question if you guys have a minute is what weights will these be offered in?

I was wondering this as well. Along with colors?

Thanks.

JD

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

For now (this season) I will have the 1/16 oz only..next season there should be 1/8 and 1/4 oz in production…

Colors will be Black, Blue, Orange, Sour Apple and Orange Chartreuse….and maybe Sunburst…

The limit to the applications of this jig is only limited to your imagination

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Quote:

Even though it sounds like this jig is designed with a specific technique in mind, has anyone experimented with other applications as well? Although the Precision Jig is THE jig for pitching, I know I won’t be able to resist taking a few casts with this new weedless design towards some heavy snags just to try it.

James or Dustin can answer this better but I’ll give my 2 cents. It can be used for pitching but I would expect to have a few more snags that way. The jig is designed to stay in an upright position while dragging. I think that’s a key to reducing snag-ups. When dragging this jig, you’ll want to have the proper amount of line out to keep tension on the jig to keep it upright. If the jig is laying sideways, you’re going to have more hang-ups. While you can certainly pitch it, I would guess it will be a little more difficult to keep the jig upright on the retrieve. I’m only guessing at this point. James? Dustin?

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

I’ve had a chance to demo these jigs on the river and they will keep your bait in the zone without snag-ups better than anything else I have seen. The size of the hook allows for better hook-ups and less fish lost. There’s nothing worse than finally sticking a 25-30 incher only to have her come unbuttoned on the way tot he boat. Dave at BFT has spent a lot of time, and there has been a ton of testing to get this product done right. I think this is it! I was out on the river with Mike W. last Sundat at the GTG. We were dragging jigs in the back channel. I had the new BFT jigs and Mike had some regular jigs. He kept getting hung up and finally switched over to the new draggin’ jigs. Problem solved. The thin profile, the weedguard, and the way in which the weight of the jig is properly distributed all combine to give you the best chance to move through the snags rather than getting stuck in them. This is an easy one for any of you who drag jigs in the nasty stuff. If you prefer fishing over retying jigs, the new BFT draggin’ jigs are for you.

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Viewing 30 posts - 61 through 90 (of 142 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.