Dads of In-DepthOutdoors

• poomunk
    Galesville, Wisconsin

Another I wish we would have done more was to make more ‘freeze-able’ meals prior to our sons arrival. We both work later than most and preparing supper along with the demands of an infant was stress we could have avoided. The meals we did make I think she found on one of the ‘mom’ websites

chamberschamps
    Mazomanie, WI

…and to build on what Grouse said. When it comes time to get rid of kids stuff, you often get a better deal when you donate it to a charitable organization. In our experience, you don’t move most of your stuff at garage sales, and it requires work. When you donate it, it’s all gone and you get a very generous tax write off.

Advice to a new parent? We’re just getting to the other side of that. My best advice is to slow down and enjoy the moment. Love your kids and do what you feel is right.

joe-bauman
    Rochester, MN

If you have a smartphone or tablet, consider a video monitor that lets you watch from anywhere (home, neighbors,work,etc). Mosy of the cameras are HD quality with 2 way sound. We got one at Verizon and now have it set up in the house to monitor other items as well. Fatherhood is awesone!

Mike Klein
    Hastings, MN

I am reading this as I am sitting in the delivery room. Remember a pillow when you go in. It’s gonna be a long day.

poomunk
    Galesville, Wisconsin

And a thermos.for coffee, the little cups they had aren’t near big enuf, I was filling 3 at a time so I’d make it more than 30 minutes before I was back to fill again.

Joel VandeKrol
    Ankeny, IA

Just had our little boy July 9th… Now I wonder what I did with all my spare time???

Have the monster-in-law around as much as possible until you and the wife adjust. Ours has been very helpful.

You’ll make tons of sacrifices for your child and your wife, but don’t forget to treat yourself every once in a while too — A few hours on the water at sunset once a week does a great job keeping the battery charged.

Enjoy!!

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.