Quick Croix report

• sivee
    Hudson,Wi. Locked out/ Croix

Went into work at 2:30 this afternoon and after pre work meeting they said anyone could go home if they want the night off.Out the door i went at 2:50 and headed back home to pick up my ice gear.

I sent a message to JJ to find if he’d been out and if he was still headed north Mille Lacs.

I got down to st.croix about 3:30 and was fishing in ten minutes, i only grabbed, auger ,poles,bait ,and marcum.

My Marcum was reading fish instantly, as my first line and bobber were set.My bobber went down immediatly and i was reeling up a small crappie..

I thought, YES this is gonna be fun!!But it slowed down and stopped marking fish.. 25 minutes go by and down goes a bobber, another small crappie.Maybe ten more minutes go by and i caught my final crappie.It was getting dark and my finger tips were a little cold, so packed up& headed home..

3 small crappies in 36fow. on small moon glow#8 tipped with a small crappie minnow.

I was within 150 yds. from the wi. ice landing in n. hudson, walked out with my lab..Sammie

I will be spending all day out there fishing on wed.23..at 6:00-6:15 am..

Be CAREFUL out there!! Still only 8″ of ice and it does vary out on this section of the Croix(bayport,n. hudson,wi. shorelines)

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Thanks for the report SIVee I will probably sneak out with you for a couple of hours before work tomorrow

stevew
    Burnsville, MN

I was out yesterday from about noon til 3:30. Fished WI side across from Bayport in the crappie hole. My Marcum’s battery gave up the ghost so I could not look for fish too well!. I did end up with three very small crappies and three nice ones. I was surprised how few people were out. It sure is nice to steal a day off during mid week.

JonnyMayz
    Hastings,MN

Tuesday We got out about 11:00, were in about 38′. Got 10 10-13″ Crappies, a 15″ Sauger and Several 2lb + white bass, 2 mooneyes, and a massive Sheepie. Never got into those before. We moved a couple times trying to follow the fish. Lotta lookers few takers and a few that just nudged the minnows on dead sticks. Spoons were the ticket for us and moving. Only one of our Crappies was a Blackie, which I found odd.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.