Crappie Contest

• gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Sat, May 6 on Lake Minnetonka. Weigh in at Lord Fletchers. I am going to give it a try. Anyone else?

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

I was going to again, however have something going on that afternoon. May fish it that morning, just not sure if I want to deal with the s show. Might just wait till Sunday and see if anyone left any fish in the lake.

Good luck G.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

just not sure if I want to deal with the s show.

Fletchers is a circus between 1-2pm before the deadline, especially if its a nice day out. Last year I brought my fish in around 10:30am instead of waiting until the end. Way better that way. No one there, plenty of space to dock your boat. I think I will go that route again this time around and avoid the crowds.

bigcrappie
    Blaine

What time do you think I should weigh my 2lb crappie that’s hiding under a dock I am going to catch?

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

The tourney that was out of there last weekend had some impressive results. Lots of big crappies were taken. Think Mike said the crappie chronical guys won the show.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

What time do you think I should weigh my 2lb crappie that’s hiding under a dock I am going to catch?

As soon as you catch it, go weigh it!

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Caught about 40 today. Biggest was 12 1/4 inches. Used both minnows and plastics. Not as many people out there today, presumably because of the weather. I weighed my crappie in at 10:30am. My friend Jason was invited up on stage for an interview with Bill Sherck after he weighed his.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_3365.jpg

2. IMG_3363.jpg

3. IMG_3364.jpg

4. IMG_0382.jpg

FinickyFish

Nice work. Ive done the contest a couple times. It’s pretty fun to do with a few buddies and some bloodys in the boat. Was planning to go out tomorrow morning. They moved up really shallow yet? They were still staging agacent to deep water when I was out a little over a week ago.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Nice work. Ive done the contest a couple times. It’s pretty fun to do with a few buddies and some bloodys in the boat. Was planning to go out tomorrow morning. They moved up really shallow yet? They were still staging agacent to deep water when I was out a little over a week ago.

They’ve moved in shallow now. I was out there on Wed and they were just starting to show up shallower. Look for weeds in the 3-6 foot range and there will be fish there. Water temp was 50 on the main lake and 55 in the bays/backwater areas.

FinickyFish

Thanks Gim. That’s the temp I’ve been waiting for.

Sharon
    SE Metro

Awesome! Looks like a fun contest! I kinda wanted to go but wasn’t sure since I’ve never fished Tonka before. Maybe next year! waytogo

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Back water temps yesterday were 59-61 that we saw. Fish caught in 2ft of water, so Ya they are up shallow.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.