Colorado elk hunt unit 14 or 16

• junior

Hello, I was asked by a fellow co-worker to join him on a elk hunt first week in September. I’ve already read on other forums about all the other people I will encounter and also that there alot of elk but no big elk.. but was curious if any of the guys on here have any info on the area or the hunt… Thanks in advance.. JR.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Clark is a very popular destination. I’m up there almost every year. Tons of road hunters!

Feel free to contact me for anything you want to know. 262 617 5161

junior

Thank you Randy, but my dream of finally chasing some elk was short lived. My wife filled me in on when my kids go back to school, just so happens to be that week.. and do to our work schedules I’m the one who gets them off the bus. Looks like I’m waiting 5 more years till there old enough to stay home alone for a few hours… Thanks again though. JR.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

I think you’ll get the hint

Attachments:
    1. shopping.jpg

junior

Haha, I like the way you think. If I’m being honest, it was mentioned to the wife, let’s just say it’s not happening..

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Haha, I like the way you think. If I’m being honest, it was mentioned to the wife, let’s just say it’s not happening..

When I got married, my wife to be pulled out my tournament calender and made sure I had NOTHING on the weekend before she asked me to marry her…….About 26 years ago my wife wanted a baby. I pulled out the calender and gave her the BIRTH date based on my fishing/hunting schedule. Counting back 9 months, she missed her window of opportunity and had to wait almost an additional year……She even asked me to go shopping with her once, let’s just say That’s never going to happening..

Aaron

I guess this one is small if there are no big elk in 14?

When you do get to go, it’ll be a blast. Just be ready to put the miles on walking up and down big hills.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_20151020_125450330.jpg

404 ERROR
    MN

About 26 years ago my wife wanted a baby. I pulled out the calender and gave her the BIRTH date based on my fishing/hunting schedule.

I’m glad I’m not the only one…planned it between the turkey season and fishing opener…right on schedule, April 21st!

junior

Aaron that’s a nice bull! Honestly I’ve yet to hunt out there the furthest I go is south Dakota but that’s for mule deer.. I only said that because I’ve read 50 different forums and most comments state not very many TROPHY elk… Again, nice bull congrats… JR.

junior

Eagle- my father actually had the same idea and as it turned out I was born April 21st…

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

I only said that because I’ve read 50 different forums and most comments state not very many TROPHY elk… Again, nice bull congrats… JR.

That’s because 90+ % of the guys go road hunting. Only a few are willing g to hike the miles away from the crowds

junior

I hear ya on that, I guess it’s a lot like south Dakota walk 10 miles find giant bucks but when we get back to the road I always have road hunters telling me there’s no bucks around coffee

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.