Upper Sioux Agency

• Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

We’re doing a camping trip in about a month to the Upper Sioux Agency State Park near Granite Falls. I’ve never been there, but the MN river runs through it. I don’t plan on bringing a boat with, but has anyone shore-fished this stretch of river? I don’t plan on putting a lot of effort into it as I will have our 11-month old along, but I might be able to squeeze a couple hours in if it’s a good stretch of river.

trytoofish
    sw Mn.

My guess is that because of drought the river is low and slow. there is a county park a few miles down stream from Upper Sioux agency where cat fishing is/was popular also a few holes by granite falls. I have never fished,but many do. mostly cat fishing.

david_scott
    Twin Cities

Upper Sioux Agency is the sheephead capitol of the world. They get alot of nice cats there earlier in the year. The yellow medicine river mouth is accessable but they only let you fish it until sunset. Theres nice camping spots right along the river near the boat ramp if you dont need electricity. Theres a nice hole along those campsites which can be productive and an ideal place to camp.

Did I mention its the sheephead capitol of the world? Its a nice place to camp along the river and there are nice cats to catch. Bring bug spray.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Dave, serious question.

Is there anyplace in MN that you haven’t fished?

david_scott
    Twin Cities

Quote:

Dave, serious question.

Is there anyplace in MN that you haven’t fished?

Well Brian you might have a point there… so I guess i’ll have to put a little extra effort here in Tenneessee where im sitting right now.

Let us know how it goes for you Ryan

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.