Cat Tip of the Day: Thermacell Backpacker

• steve-demars
    Stillwater, Minnesota

April 1st is the opener for Flathead cat fishing. Now is the time to take inventory of all your tackle and gadgets so you are ready to go first chance you get. Those of us that fish in the dark have learned how to fight the swarms of mosquitos that come with warm weather cat fishing. Most of you are probably familiar with the Thermacell line of mosquito repellent products. I always have one on board and they have saved the night on many cat trips.

I was at Cabelas yesterday and stopped to pick up some mosquito repellent pads for my Thermacell and found they have a new product added to their line called the Backpacker. It works similar to the standard Thermacell except this one runs on a backpacking stove fuel canister. What is great about this one is that those small fuel canisters will run the Thermacell for extended periods of time. The 4 oz canister has a run time of 90 hours and the 8 oz canister will run for 180 hours and the 16 oz canister for 360 hours. That beats the heck out of the 4 to 6 hours from those small plastic butane cartridges currently used. Cost of the Backpacker was $40 and an 8 oz backpacking (iso)butane canister was $6. Make sure your fuel canister is a pressurized self-sealing (iso)butane and propane fuel mix (product will not function on 100% propane).

Here is a link to the product: https://www.thermacell.com/products/backpacker-repeller

Attachments:
    1. mosquito-repellent-backpacker_4b8f41a7-9fdb-4945-ba25-daa25b20423b_600x600.jpg

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

That’s a great idea.

zooks

That’s a great idea.

X2, I was gonna get a Thermacell this spring and this one might be the winner.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.