Cat Tip of the Day: Quest for the Perfect Cat Bobber

• steve-demars
    Stillwater, Minnesota

I’ve been surfing the internet trying to find the perfect cat bobber that doesn’t cost a small fortune. I wanted one that is an inline slip bobber that I can easily adjust the depth on and one that will hold a large live bait that won’t submerge the bobber as it swims tantalizingly along daring a flathead to eat it. I’m not asking for much – just a good bobber that is cheap and can handle a large bullhead for bait.

Well – I nailed it today. The perfect bobber for right around $4. It is absolutely sweet. Takes you about five minutes to make once you find the parts. I was at the local Walmart and found a 10 inch South Bend BF-25 Pole Float Unweighted cost was $1.88. If your Walmart doesn’t have one you can order them on line. I bought two because the price was right and they were the last two on the shelf. On the way home I stopped at the local Menards and shopped in the pool products aisle and bought a pool noodle cost $1.88. You need the pool noodle with the small hole – remember the small hole. Take your pool noodle and slice off about a 9 inch piece with your fillet knife. Slide the 10 inch bobber into the pool noodle. It is a tight fit but that is exactly what you need – The Perfect Cat Bobber.

Today is March 12, 2019. You’ve got plenty of time to make your Perfect Cat Bobber so it is ready at ice out. You need it for high water this spring – hang a nice bait right on the inside of a current seam close to the shore underneath your new Cat Bobber. Spring time high water flatheads on a cat bobber – go big or go home.

Attachments:
    1. Catfish-Pole-Float-South-Bend-BF-25-1.jpeg

2. IMG_1853.jpg

3. Catfish-Pole-Float-South-Bend-BF-25.jpeg

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Ahh finally a post about something without scales.

Thank you Steve!

catmando
    wis

Great idea, I use the same bobbers alone or sturgeon.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Hmm. I have the materials in my basement/garage right now.

Matt Coffey

You can also go to the dollar tree and get some glow sticks and add them to the pool noodle for night fishing.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.