RE: Ice out

• yooper2
    SW Wisconsin

Z71:
    Not sure why I can’t reply to your post…but it sounds like the majority of the ice is off. There was still some around the north side of Star Island as of last weekend.

I’ll be at Cass Lake for the week around Memorial Day and am looking forward to a more normal spring fishing as compared to last year.

dougie
    Sobieski,Wi

I’ll be at Cass Lake from May 23rd to the 30th.
    Can’t wait.
    Doug

dougie
    Sobieski,Wi

Z71
    Any report from this past weekend?
    Thanks Doug

mike_utley
    Zumbrota, MN

Fish were mainly in transition from what we could tell. Numbers of fish were being taken from the river inlet and outlet in Andrusia.

For us, we fished the river on Wednesday and managed a few fish in the river. Then Thursday came the wind and it never quit. We didn’t get any real big fish, but managed enough to eat fish each day and take limits home also. I’d say most of the fish were between 14-18″, a few around 20″ and lots and lots of short fish, under 12″, so the future looks good once again.

Shiners were working well in the low light periods of the day as they usually do this time of year in 6-10 FOW.

We also managed to hunt down a few crappies on Andrusia suspended over 25 FOW. These fish were caught jigging shiners and on slip bobbers with crappie minnows, with some fish measuring around 14”, nice bonus.

I say this fish are in transition right now because some of our normal better spots in Andrusia, Cass and Kitchi were not holding the numbers of fish we normally see.

Good luck, hope this all helps.

dougie
    Sobieski,Wi

Thanks for the report. Hope we can find some this next week.
    Doug

yooper2
    SW Wisconsin

Excellent report…I’ll be up May 23-30 as well. Probably will do most of my fishing on Kitchi targeting walleyes and crappies. I’ll try to post a report when I return.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.