Water Level on Cass?

• slayer
    Rochester, MN

Have any of you guys traveled by water to Lake Andrusia, Kitchi, or Pike Bay from Cass Lake lately? Is the water level still high enough to do this or is it too shallow? Is it a better idea to pull the boat out of Cass and launch it at these lakes? I am just wondering if I would be able to go from lake to lake with a 17’ Lund. I will be heading up Aug 11-18. If you have any tips to catch walleyes, bass, or northerns please pass along any info if you would. Not looking to steal any hot spots, just a generalized overview on possible locations, depths, or presentations. Thanks for any info.

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

I was out there as late as July 8th and it was fine. At that time there was no question as to if we could make it though to Andrusia. And we were in an 18 lund Anger. SO a decent size boat I guess. We saw a monster pontoon roll though there as well.

slayer
    Rochester, MN

Are there buoys to guide a person’s way into Andrusia? I have never been in there before. By looking at the satellite view, it looks like there are a couple of different channels to go up or down in. Is the main channel marked?

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

I’m not sure that there are bouys but it’s not hard to find. If you look at the map you will see Allen’s bay in on the North Northwest end of the lake. Go to the very west end, this is where you will find the channel (it goes under the county road (not sure what number)). it’s probly 50-100 feet wide and will take 5-10 minutes to get through. Maybe check it out and if you see other boat coming though you should be fine. I would do that first before trailering your boat.

scenic tackle
    Bemidji, MN

I don’t think I have ever seen that river to shallow to get through. The river is very defined and you won’t have a problem navigating it. Watch for swimmers where you go under the bridge into Lake Andrusia.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.