31″ Cass Lake walleye

• gonfisn
    Bemidji, MN

Thought I would share this with everyone!
    Saturday night – I was guiding a few friends from Nebraska who are staying at Sunset Cove Resort on Cass for the week. At approximately 8 pm in 6 fow, the fish hit. I saw it immediataly with my polarized glasses and told him he had a really nice walleye hooked – at that time I was guessing it was about 28 inches… After a few runs, it was net time. Only then did we realize how big it actually was!
    I stretched out the cloth tape measure and placed the fish over it – 31″ on the nose with a tail pinch. I had all four guys in the boat verify the length and that the tape wasn’t twisted, tweaked etc..
    I slid it in the live well as one guy told him to mount it. Shaun asked how much that would cost?? A quick decision was made to release the fish after he heard the price of a mount. I
    I regret to say that I didn’t get a girth measurement. For it’s size, it was rather thin – and the pictures just don’t do it justice.
    Definately a fish of a lifetime! I’m proud to have had it in my boat!

gonfisn
    Bemidji, MN

The Release…

mike_utley
    Zumbrota, MN

Great fish – great release!

bob schroden
    Cold Spring, MN

Great story, great fish!

jmiller
    Blaine, MN

That is a very nice looking eye. Congrats on the catch. Not to many anglers can say they have caught a 31 inch eye.

Bruce Barnum

Hey that was my fish! I shoulda been in the boat with you Ethan!
    NICE FISH!!!
    I need that one for league night!!!

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Very cool! Congrats on the fish! Where on the lake were you fishing? what were you using (including color)? How fast were you going? What did you eat that day? heehee

gat
    Glopaint,Capital Northwest Wisc.

congrats nice fish

hoistafish1
    Long Prairie,MN

congrats on a very nice trophy fish, also glad to see it released to be caught again some day!

fisherman-j
    Northern MN

Nice job and very nice release! Congrats

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.