Report from 05/16 – 05/20, Andrusia, Cass & Kitchi

• mike_utley
    Zumbrota, MN

Pictures are pending, I’ll try to post later this week.

This is our 8th year at Sunset Cove Resort and this was likely the best year we have had, with the weather cooperating for the most part.

Wednesday, Lake Andrusia – my brother and I limited out fishing from 4:30-9:00pm. 4 fish from 14-16, 7 fish from 16-18.5 and 1 fish at 23″. All of our fish came on a jig and shiner, color didn’t seem to matter as long as you had a shiner. Depths range from 12 FOW to 18 FOW depending on cloud cover and wind.

Thursday, Lake Andrusia & Cass Lake – 6 keepers again in the morning, ranging in size from 15-18″. Then we were joined in the afternoon by another friend and fished till dark. I think we kept around 13-14 fish all ranging in size from 14″-18″. We had ate fish again this night, fresh fish is soo yummy. ….

Friday, Kitchi – having not spent much time on this lake we simply looked for a wind blown point, checked the graph and anchored, must have caught 25-30 fish in two hours, really fat fish, ranging in size again from 16-20″….. Friday night a storm was set to move in with the approaching cold front, we manage a few fish before the storm and witnessed on nice walleye 26-27″ range caught not too far from our location.

Saturday the bite was tough, high temp was only about 45 and the wind was blowing. We still managed fish, but the fish that were biting were all smaller with the biggest fish in our boat on Saturday being a 14″ walleye.

Overall I don’t know how many walleye we caught. Perch were also quite agressive and I think we caught more northern this year than we ever have in Andrusia. It was interesting that one of the fish we caught in Kitchi still had eggs in it – she must have missed the party!

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Thanks for the report! Love fishing Kitchi. Go there at least once every fall. Fun lake.

-J.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.