Canadian Brook Trout video

• kwp
    Eden Prairie

From our July2018 Canadian Brook trout trip. If you’re into trout or even river fishing you might like it.

It’s about 6 minutes long but very action packed with lot’s of underwater footage. I’m not as good as team IDO Productions but I did the best I know how with a GoPro to smile

rubberduck
    east bethel

That is amazing! bow
    How far up into Canada is that?

Timmy

Awesome.

Are specks the major predator in those rivers?

boone
    Woodbury, MN

Awesome video. I’d love to do that trip some day, not necessarily just for the great brook trout fishing but for the adventure, remoteness, running the river, etc.

Boone

tegg
    Hudson, Wi/Aitkin Co

Awesome.

Are specks the major predator in those rivers?

Pike are likely the top dog. A lot of those Canadian river systems also hold a number of walleyes as well. Even sturgeon. The specks seem to only occupy certain areas. Generally rapids are required although any particular rapids could contain specs, walleyes, pike & whitefish. The specs will definitely hold in areas of stronger current the other fish do not use.

kwp
    Eden Prairie

How far up into Canada is that?

We were about 450 miles North of the US boarder into Canada. Fly commercially into a Native Reserve and then boat/portage another 4.5 hrs to camp. We were in an area of Canada call the Taiga where the Boreal forest and Hudson Bay lowlands meet.

rubberduck
    east bethel

Nice! sounds like a awesome adventure! good going!!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.