Canada reopening mid august!

• Mike

People here complain about how the government is dumb, bloated, all government agencies can’t tell their arse from their elbow(DNR, DMV, Congress, etc.), but somehow it’s plausible that the entire world’s governments have conspired together to fabricate deaths attributed to this disease?

Yet, at the same time they have enough trust in the FDA to say ‘it’s not FDA approved so I’m not taking it’. Of course, when it is FDA approved they’ll just move the goalposts to another spot.

At the rate things are going, the border will be closed again. And anti-vaxxers will have no one to blame but themselves. I’m sure they’ll point plenty of fingers, though.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

People here complain about how the government is dumb, bloated, all government agencies can’t tell their arse from their elbow(DNR, DMV, Congress, etc.), but somehow it’s plausible that the entire world’s governments have conspired together to fabricate deaths attributed to this disease?

Yet, at the same time they have enough trust in the FDA to say ‘it’s not FDA approved so I’m not taking it’. Of course, when it is FDA approved they’ll just move the goalposts to another spot.

At the rate things are going, the border will be closed again. And anti-vaxxers will have no one to blame but themselves. I’m sure they’ll point plenty of fingers, though.

Vaxers vs anti-vaxers? More division? I dont think that’s in our best interest.

Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

But now the Canadian crossing guards are threatening a strike that will prolong it again.

well…sort of and also not really.

around 90% of border crossing officials are considered essential and unable to actually strike. so while it may create some delay at border crossings, the larger impact will be on non-essential services like taxes and duty collection. this is mostly targeting large commercial ports of entry for goods.

for tourism crossing, the larger delay may come from border guards who very carefully follow every single work rule – ie., a work “slow down” that will create delays.

bigpike

Agreed. Lots of division from the ones in charge. The unity only comes if you agree with the agenda. Personally I can wait until the border becomes reasonable to cross again and I wouldnt be surprised if that takes a few more years.

Ike Sell

Two friends and I (all vaccinated) have a trip booked for September 10-15 for LOTW out of Morson Ontario. We all are cautiously optimistic. What fishermen aren’t after all. We will plan for the best and hope the worst doesn’t happen.
    We keep thinking of all those fish that have gone with almost zero pressure for the past year and a half. Why not take a shot. If not this year then next year for sure. The resort owners have to be under great strain not having us Americans to cater to. The owner of the lodge we will be going to only had a couple of cabins open for that week so we are not the only hopeful souls. Wish us luck, no negativity please. Besides, one of us has never caught a musky so there has to be a first time, yes!

Seems to me that the numbers of those that have been the victims of this horrible virus have been tallied by who had a COVID infection when they died. To say one died from COVID would not be entirely true. One dies from the complications caused by the virus. So if you died WITH the virus you get counted. Seems like a practical way to go. I have no political or monetary dog in the fight. Just looking at it from a data perspective.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>3rdtryguy wrote:</div>
    But now the Canadian crossing guards are threatening a strike that will prolong it again.

well…sort of and also not really.

around 90% of border crossing officials are considered essential and unable to actually strike. so while it may create some delay at border crossings, the larger impact will be on non-essential services like taxes and duty collection. this is mostly targeting large commercial ports of entry for goods.

for tourism crossing, the larger delay may come from border guards who very carefully follow every single work rule – ie., a work “slow down” that will create delays.

work slow down??? Us union thugs call it work to rule. whistling the upper bosses draft rules and regulations, they just now follow them to a T..

3rdtryguy
    Central Mn

Vaxers vs anti-vaxers? More division? I dont think that’s in our best interest. – I’m not so sure that’s not the most important division out there.

shefland
    Walker

we stay at a Mn Resort in the NW Angle, and fish daily in Ontario waters, check in remotely each day. There is some speculation? rumor? that will not be allowed to do daily crossings by water, our resort says they might not know for sure till August 9th

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Vaxers vs anti-vaxers? More division? I dont think that’s in our best interest. – I’m not so sure that’s not the most important division out there.

Just another propped up division like racism. Of course its possible you’re right and I’m wrong..

tswoboda

we stay at a Mn Resort in the NW Angle, and fish daily in Ontario waters, check in remotely each day. There is some speculation? rumor? that will not be allowed to do daily crossings by water, our resort says they might not know for sure till August 9th

That’s a tough situation to be in for sure. No resort area has been hit harder than the Angle, and it looks like that could continue.

Viewing 10 posts - 91 through 100 (of 100 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.