Canada reopening mid august!

• shefland
    Walker

cannot seem to send the link, in the Mpls paper today

supercat
    Eau Claire, WI

More media suggesting things could happen. Your link is been moved and is not working. Until I see some type of timeline or process of how it is going to happen I’m not believing anything they say about when it is opening.

Sylvanboat

Several reports I saw said fully vaccinated Americans will be admitted in “mid August.” Border will open to others in September. Too late for my July fishing trip to Ontario but good to see it open.

bigpike

Yes, next year for me also but it’s good to see. It will be interesting to see what Canada looks like when I go back in 2022 assuming the crazy Canucks dont change there minds and lock it back down.

shefland
    Walker

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said Thursday the country may welcome fully vaccinated travelers from all countries by September.

shefland
    Walker

I give up on sending link, someone else try

supercat
    Eau Claire, WI

Even if JT called me and said it is opening I would not believe it is going to open. There is no way they are just going to say one day “hey the border is open come on in”. Until there is a date with requirements all of these post are just puffing!

bigpike

Even if JT called me and said it is opening I would not believe it is going to open. There is no way they are just going to say one day “hey the border is open come on in”. Until there is a date with requirements all of these post are just puffing!

That’s why they will wait til September. Kids are back in school, vacation season is over the political risk for him is best served this year but after tourist season.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

My fishing buddy just booked our trip. We will be there from Sept. 4th -15th. Unless they have some sort of a setback between now and then I think it will happen. If not – Not the end of the world. I have said all along I thought it would open Mid Aug. As of the most recent report 78.63% of their population 12 or order has 1 Vaccine. About 55% is totally vaccinated. Both of these #’s are increasing fast now. Then again. Since this is in a politician’s hands and I don’t trust any of them – You never know what may happen.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Seems like there’s hoops that need to be jumped through before a fisherman can wet a line.

First Ministers also discussed how to continue safely adjusting border measures. The Prime Minister noted that, if our current positive path of vaccination rate and public health conditions continue, Canada would be in a position to welcome fully vaccinated travelers from all countries by early September. He noted the ongoing discussions with the United States on reopening plans, and indicated that we could expect to start allowing fully vaccinated U.S. citizens and permanent residents into Canada as of mid-August for non-essential travel. First Ministers expressed their support of reopening plans, and agreed on the importance of ensuring clarity and predictability as initial steps are taken. The Prime Minister indicated that ministers would share more details on these plans early next week. Finally, First Ministers discussed the importance of working collaboratively on a proof of vaccination credential, and prioritizing work to implement a system that would enable Canadians to travel internationally with confidence.

maddogg

The current 7-day moving average of daily new cases (26,306) increased 69.3% compared with the previous 7-day moving average (15,541). The current 7-day moving average is 89.6% lower than the peak observed on January 10, 2021 (251,880) and is 129.3% higher than the lowest value observed on June 20, 2021 (11,472). A total of 33,797,400 COVID-19 cases have been reported as of July 14.

This doesn’t look promising.

stevenoak

Hope for the sake of resort and other business owners they do. But I’ll believe it when I see it. Northern tier state lakes, have taken a lot of additional pressure the last couple years.

Cameron white

There is zero infrastructure to determine who is fully vaccinated. That’s the delay.

ClownColor
    Inactive
    The Back 40

There is zero infrastructure to determine who is fully vaccinated. That’s the delay.

It takes me about 5 seconds and a few clicks of the mouse at work to see who’s vaccinated.

Tim Chrouser

Respectfully, I don’t think you know what your talking about. “Zero infratructure?”
    Well, I lost my covid vaccine card so I went back to vaccination site and they looked me up in their data base and gave me a new card. I think that’s called “infrastructure.” While doing that I also contacted state of Illinois to see if I could get covid vaccination record. They emailed me a vaccination certification record that included every vaccination I’ve ever had going back to 1960, and ALL of those vaccinations except Covid vaccination were given in Wisconsin and NOT Illinois. That proves there is a usable national vaccination database, and the probable challenge is to access it quickly. I believe that would be considered “infrastructure.”

Justin Donson

Man, lotta cases still out there.

I just wish scientists would come up with some medicine or something that would like, make it way more unlikely that you’d catch COVID, and, OH AND, make it less severe if you were to catch it. That’d be dandy. And then people would like go and get the medicine so that they’d be protected, but maybe more importantly, so that others would be protected.

Maybe they would have figured that stuff out if the world hadn’t got so lucky so many times in the past. Like, it’s a good thing that small pox and measles and polio and cholera and typhoid and rabies just kind of all went away on their own ya know?

Norsky

If the vaccine protects the Canadians who have taken it, why do you need to be vaccinated to enter?

To prevent new cases from coming into the country due to the fact that not everyone will be vaccinated there.

If you choose not to get vaccinated, please stay home if you get severely sick from the virus, maybe just let nature take it’s course. We’re tired of taking care of all of you in the hospital who have chosen not to get the vaccine but then show up at the hospital and want treatment when you do get severely ill from covid. You’ve probably been vaccinated for measles mumps, rubella, smallpox, polio, influenza, etc, I could go on and on, why is this so much different. I’ve studied the research and the process for the implementation and biochemistry involving the design and implementation of the vaccine, it’s impressive, but I’ve only been in the medical field for 25 years, I’m sure most all of you are way smarter than me.

Cameron white

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Feathers wrote:</div>
    If the vaccine protects the Canadians who have taken it, why do you need to be vaccinated to enter?

To prevent new cases from coming into the country due to the fact that not everyone will be vaccinated there.

If you choose not to get vaccinated, please stay home if you get severely sick from the virus, maybe just let nature take it’s course. We’re tired of taking care of all of you in the hospital who have chosen not to get the vaccine but then show up at the hospital and want treatment when you do get severely ill from covid. You’ve probably been vaccinated for measles mumps, rubella, smallpox, polio, influenza, etc, I could go on and on, why is this so much different. I’ve studied the research and the process for the implementation and biochemistry involving the design and implementation of the vaccine, it’s impressive, but I’ve only been in the medical field for 25 years, I’m sure most all of you are way smarter than me.

I’m talking about here in Canada, not the us.

DeRangedFishinguy
    Up Nort’

Man, lotta cases still out there.

I just wish scientists would come up with some medicine or something that would like, make it way more unlikely that you’d catch COVID, and, OH AND, make it less severe if you were to catch it. That’d be dandy. And then people would like go and get the medicine so that they’d be protected, but maybe more importantly, so that others would be protected.

Ivermectin

ClownColor
    Inactive
    The Back 40

What’s really going to blow your mind…why do we need cops if there are already laws saying you shouldn’t do something…

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

In the interest of letting this thread continue I’ll let this one go. However I need to know what hospital to avoid.

supercat
    Eau Claire, WI

Stay away from the hospital that seems to be a pretty strong statement from someone who works at one? I would think a person in that field entered it because they wanted to help sick people.

Classic Version of the Hippocratic Oath

I swear by Apollo Physician and Asclepius and Hygieia and Panaceia and all the gods and goddesses, making them my witnesses, that I will fulfil according to my ability and judgment this oath and this covenant:

To hold him who has taught me this art as equal to my parents and to live my life in partnership with him, and if he is in need of money to give him a share of mine, and to regard his offspring as equal to my brothers in male lineage and to teach them this art – if they desire to learn it – without fee and covenant; to give a share of precepts and oral instruction and all the other learning to my sons and to the sons of him who has instructed me and to pupils who have signed the covenant and have taken an oath according to the medical law, but no one else.

I will apply dietetic measures for the benefit of the sick according to my ability and judgment; I will keep them from harm and injustice.

I will neither give a deadly drug to anybody who asked for it, nor will I make a suggestion to this effect. Similarly I will not give to a woman an abortive remedy. In purity and holiness I will guard my life and my art.

I will not use the knife, not even on sufferers from stone, but will withdraw in favor of such men as are engaged in this work.

Whatever houses I may visit, I will come for the benefit of the sick, remaining free of all intentional injustice, of all mischief and in particular of sexual relations with both female and male persons, be they free or slaves.

What I may see or hear in the course of the treatment or even outside of the treatment in regard to the life of men, which on no account one must spread abroad, I will keep to myself, holding such things shameful to be spoken about.

If I fulfil this oath and do not violate it, may it be granted to me to enjoy life and art, being honored with fame among all men for all time to come; if I transgress it and swear falsely, may the opposite of all this be my lot.

A Modern Version of the Hippocratic Oath

I swear to fulfill, to the best of my ability and judgment, this covenant:

I will respect the hard-won scientific gains of those physicians in whose steps I walk, and gladly share such knowledge as is mine with those who are to follow.

I will apply, for the benefit of the sick, all measures which are required, avoiding those twin traps of overtreatment and therapeutic nihilism.

I will remember that there is art to medicine as well as science, and that warmth, sympathy, and understanding may outweigh the surgeon’s knife or the chemist’s drug.

I will not be ashamed to say “I know not,” nor will I fail to call in my colleagues when the skills of another are needed for a patient’s recovery.

I will respect the privacy of my patients, for their problems are not disclosed to me that the world may know. Most especially must I tread with care in matters of life and death. If it is given me to save a life, all thanks. But it may also be within my power to take a life; this awesome responsibility must be faced with great humbleness and awareness of my own frailty. Above all, I must not play at God.

I will remember that I do not treat a fever chart, a cancerous growth, but a sick human being, whose illness may affect the person’s family and economic stability. My responsibility includes these related problems, if I am to care adequately for the sick.

I will prevent disease whenever I can, for prevention is preferable to cure.

I will remember that I remain a member of society, with special obligations to all my fellow human beings, those sound of mind and body as well as the infirm.

If I do not violate this oath, may I enjoy life and art, respected while I live and remembered with affection thereafter. May I always act so as to preserve the finest traditions of my calling and may I long experience the joy of healing those who seek my help.

The classical version of the Hippocratic Oath is from the translation from the Greek by Ludwig Edelstein. From The Hippocratic Oath: Text, Translation, and Interpretation, by Ludwig Edelstein. Baltimore: Johns Hopkins Press, 1943.

The modern version of the Hippocratic Oath was written in 1964 by Louis Lasagna, Dean of the School of Medicine at Tufts University.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Experimental drug rushed to market. Still fda unapproved. Have at it mr 25 years.

3Rivers

What about the vaccinated who are still getting infected? Will they be allowed into Canada? What’s more a risk, someone who has been vaccinated but currently infected, or someone who is neither infected or vaccinated?

I would guess people are also going to have to show a negative test going in. That will be an added delay/cost.

I don’t have to prove I’m vaccinated for the following to get into Canada
    Influenza
    Chickenpox
    Mumps
    Measles
    Whooping cough
    Tuberculosis
    Diphtheria

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Vaccinate, don’t Vaccinate – I don’t care either way. After originally thinking I was not going to be in a hurry to get mine, I changed my mind. One of the things that helped me make the decision to get mine was this Topic. I knew If / When they opened the border that having the vaccination would most likely be a requirement. Thought I might as well have mine out of the way and done. When discussing rather or not to get the vaccination with several friends. One of them Said ” If this shot leads to death, I would rather be dead and gone with those who got it, rather than alive and left on this planet with those who didn’t ” Not saying I agree with him, but I thought his statement was rather funny.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Once everyone has had the vaccine or has had the opportunity to get it and opted not to I don’t see why we need to require proof of vaccine to do anything. Who are they protecting at that point?

Their country – Their rules !!!! play by the rules or don’t – Your choice !!!!

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 100 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.