Canada reopening mid august!

• bigpike

The funny thing about the whole discussion is the p.m. of Canada has given no defined dates or protocol to enter. All he said was maybe……

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

The funny thing about the whole discussion is the p.m. of Canada has given no defined dates or protocol to enter. All he said was maybe……

At this point I’ll take a maybe. Maybe is often heard just ahead of Yes !!!

CaptainMusky

Getting vaccinated does not eliminate the chance of getting COVID. A US Olympic gymnast who is fully vaxxed just tested positive.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Getting vaccinated does not eliminate the chance of getting COVID. A US Olympic gymnast who is fully vaxxed just tested positive.

He’s right. Even a fully vaccinated person can still get it. The chances are obviously much lower though, and you have a lower chance of transmitting it because your viral load is also lower. The protection comes from getting a severe case of it that requires hospitalization. Our health care system can only handle so many people and everyone still needs routine healthcare. Its no coincidence that areas of the country with a low vaccination rate have a higher infection and hospitalization rate.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Their country – Their rules !!!! play by the rules or don’t – Your choice !!!!

My uncle and cousin were initially against it too but they have an African big game hunt/safari planned for March and its possible they may not be permitted to enter if they aren’t vaccinated. They have thousands of dollars invested into this and a lot of it is non-refundable.

CaptainMusky

He’s right. Even a fully vaccinated person can still get it. The chances are obviously much lower though, and you have a lower chance of transmitting it because your viral load is also lower.

I dont know if the chances of getting it are greatly reduced, but serious illness has been said to be greatly reduced.

Coletrain27

with all this talk of the new delta varient and the way the stock market has plunged today i would be suprised if that date happens. but who knows

Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

The timing of this worked out pretty good…we have a reservation on Lake of the Woods from Aug 8-15, so will only miss one day by waiting to go in on the morning of the 9th.

Pretty easy protocol:
    – load vaccination info into ArriveCAN app
    – have paper records along as a backup
    – get Covid test within 3 days prior to crossing border

Happy to do all of the above to get 1st shot at fish that haven’t been bothered for almost 2 years!

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

The timing of this worked out pretty good…we have a reservation on Lake of the Woods from Aug 8-15, so will only miss one day by waiting to go in on the morning of the 9th.

Pretty easy protocol:
    – load vaccination info into ArriveCAN app
    – have paper records along as a backup
    – get Covid test within 3 days prior to crossing border

Happy to do all of the above to get 1st shot at fish that haven’t been bothered for almost 2 years!

X2

supercat
    Eau Claire, WI

Not so simple how are travelers going to have a quarantine spot if there trip is only a week. In the arrivecan you have to have a quarantine plan in place that is 14 days. Not sure how this will work for the resorts.

Tim Chrouser

How do you even know that, doctor?
    Oh…sorry, I’m sure you heard that from a friend who heard it from another friend who read it online from website like VaccinesDontWork.org, so your informstion must be 100% accurate.

supercat
    Eau Claire, WI

Oh…sorry, I’m sure you heard that from a friend who heard it from another friend who read it online from website like VaccinesDontWork.org, so your informstion must be 100% accurate.

The quarantine plan is part of the arriveCan app that you will have to have filled out before you enter.

Norsky

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>CaptainMusky wrote:</div>

He’s right. Even a fully vaccinated person can still get it. The chances are obviously much lower though, and you have a lower chance of transmitting it because your viral load is also lower. The protection comes from getting a severe case of it that requires hospitalization. Our health care system can only handle so many people and everyone still needs routine healthcare. Its no coincidence that areas of the country with a low vaccination rate have a higher infection and hospitalization rate.

YES, 100% correct, and thank you, I would prefer to keep my kids in school and not slip back into a pandemic, if the vaccine has been administered over 200 million times and there were major problems with it, they would have stopped it by now. The history of new vaccines have demonstrated that most deleterious side effects occur within 2 months. mRNA vaccines have been researched for nearly 30 years, nothing new there, private pharmaceutical companies developed the vaccine, I’m pretty sure there is no government manufacturing facility making it(thank God) Facts outweigh opinions. Now let’s discuss climate change, just kidding😁.

Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

The quarantine plan is part of the arriveCan app that you will have to have filled out before you enter.

Well, sort of…there’s no longer a mandatory quarantine if you’re vaccinated and have a negative test prior to arrival. It’s only if a border official doesn’t think you meet the requirements for safe entry.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/ottawa-border-measures-reopening-1.6107988
    “Even if they think they will be exempt, all fully vaccinated travellers will still need to have a quarantine plan in case a border official finds they do not meet the necessary requirements.”

So this is much simpler for those crossing at a land border – “My quarantine plan is to drive directly home.” Ie., if the border official finds you still don’t meet the necessary requirements you don’t cross the border. The detailed plan on where you’ll stay if quarantined in Canada is really for those flying in with no way to simply be turned back.

supercat
    Eau Claire, WI

Correct you don’t have to quarantine but if you get sick, I’m guessing driving threw canada is not an acceptable quarantine plan?

tswoboda

So this is much simpler for those crossing at a land border – “My quarantine plan is to drive directly home.” Ie., if the border official finds you still don’t meet the necessary requirements you don’t cross the border. The detailed plan on where you’ll stay if quarantined in Canada is really for those flying in with no way to simply be turned back.

Exactly. Extra hoops? Yes. But overall this sounds relatively trivial.

We’re seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, but some people will just put sunglasses on so they can still be mad.

CaptainMusky

Who are you even directing this at? The information from my post (assuming it was me you were responding to) is completely accurate and available all over to read. Do some research.
    I never once undermined the effectiveness of this vaccine, but it surely will not protect you from getting Covid because many have who were fully vaxxed.

3Rivers

Border agents already have discretionary override to send you home if they see something on your record and they are having a bad day. It’s going to be a gong show up there vetting all this extra information on top of everything else.

Cameron white

Aug 9th. Good news! Glad to hear it. Download the arrivecan app, that’s the way they are finding out if your vaccinated. Enjoy your upcoming trips!

tswoboda

We’re seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, but some people will just put sunglasses on so they can still be mad.

Border agents already have discretionary override to send you home if they see something on your record and they are having a bad day. It’s going to be a gong show up there vetting all this extra information on top of everything else.

Who needs sunglasses when you can rock a welding helmet. Don’t let that light hit you.

Tim Chrouser

Biden is keeping border closed until August 21st and possibly beyond. He probably is in fear of vaccinated US and Canadian citizens spreading the vaccine to invaccinated people. Until now I had thought restrictions were for medical reasons. I’ve changed my mind.
    Funny thing….thought Biden and Trudeau were political friends? It’s apparent they do not cimmuncate.

Steve Hix
    Dysart, Iowa

vaccinated US and Canadian citizens spreading the vaccine to invaccinated people.

??????????????????????

Denny O
    Central IOWA

The U.S. government on Wednesday extended the closure of the land borders with Canada and Mexico to nonessential travelers until at least Aug. 21.

bigpike

The U.S. government on Wednesday extended the closure of the land borders with Canada and Mexico to nonessential travelers until at least Aug. 21.

Hahaha
    LMAO. classic joe.

JEREMY
    BP

Non essential travelers cant legally cross the mexican border. Just cross were all the illegals are they dont stop them.

DTW

There is no long term safety data with this “vaccine” None. Knock yourself out getting the Jab. You cant undo it. I too have 25 years in the medical field working in clinical trials. I am really stunned how many millions of people are not concerned about long term safety data. Many drugs add black box warnings, precautions etc years after FDA approval. No Canada for me or any other country for a long time.

DTW

jon amundson

Who’s paying for all these test for the vacinated to cross? Best not be unvaccinated tax $. Fund your own test for your non essential vacations or open it to all citizens. A $1600 fee for the tests per crossing to these non essential vacations might help a few see the light of hypocrisy in this. Why should our taxes pay for this. Millions of $. Just a heads up BILL GATES JUST PURCHASED A COVID TEST MANUFACTURING BUISNESS. Bet I know which test will be required.

jon amundson

Funny this thread has lasted as long as it has with the moderators clearly showing there stance around here. Almost as bad as the media and politicians. Rules for thee but not for me.

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 100 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.