Can anyone help me find the year of this Crestliner?

• Walleyewill

I was recently told I was being gifted this boat for an early Birthday present. I have not seen it in person just yet, but i have a few pictures and was wondering if anyone happened to know the year of it? I’ve tried searching google but always come up short somehow. So I decided to reach out to anyone who is willing to read this and respond. I’m certain its a mid 80’s. Also if you have any personal experience with this type of boat/motor. Please let me know how you liked it, and or things I should look out for seeing as this will be my first boat ever. (And yes I know I’m going to have to put some elbow grease into it to make it a safe and reliable vessel, but I’m looking forward to that part of this exciting adventure!) Thanks, Will.

Attachments:
    1. Boat-1.png

2. Boat-2-1.png

3. Boat-3-1.png

Red Reno

Can you find the VIN on the boat? That would help narrow down the year.

Walleyewill

Haven’t had a chance to see it in person just yet. So i have no idea what the HIN is. figured it would be a longshot, but im just excited and was hoping to get some early answers. lol.

Red Reno

purely a guess but by the looks of it and the motor it’s probably late 70s early 80s timeframe.

Riverrat

Go onto WI DNR site and act like your going to renew it using the reg numbers. All the current reg info including description and legal owners should come up.

Walleyewill

Thanks. I did just that and it happens to be an 85.

isu22andy

Not sure of the year but looks like a fun boat to fix up and use ! Sometimes a little older boat would be way more handy than a big one for sure !

Karry Kyllo

It looks to be in great shape with not much if any fixing required.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.