Calling all IDO AR-15 Experts

• Steve Plantz
    SE MN

What brand of gun is this in the video?

Coletrain27

the lower is a anderson manufacturing and the upper im not sure. the grip and stock look like magpul. im guessing he built it all himself with different stuff

the_hat
    SE Metro

Various brands of components on that one. You can get the FDE components and mix and match with black as you wish. Which I’m guess is what got your attention.

robby
    Quad Cities

Anderson Manufacturing produced the stripped lower at least. I believe that rifle is a “build”, meaning different components from varying manufacturers. ARs are largly modular platforms. For the record I am not an AR expert either. Just basic knowledge.

robby
    Quad Cities

Pretty decent video.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

I have been doing quite a bit of research on ARs and have my eye on this one.

Joe Jarl
    SW Wright County

I have been doing quite a bit of research on ARs and have my eye on this one.

I did a lot of research as well and ended up with this one a couple years ago. I think it is a tough one to beat for the price. Don’t have a whole lot of feedback, but it is a nice shooter. Maybe have a 100 rounds through mine. I do think the muzzle break is overkill, but can be removed. Now, if you can just find one for close to msrp. Just wish I hadn’t lost mine in a tragic boating mishap.

tornadochaser

Hopefully dont derail your post, but I’m curious on some opinions from those that may be familiar. The new wave is guys using your traditional 6.5 creedmoor, .308, 300 win mag, etc hunting calibers in rifles that are built like an AR. Christensen calls them “Modern Precision Rifles” and they are a thing of beauty. Claim to be more accurate in 300+ yard shots too. Any experience with them?

I cant tell if im trying to talk myself in or out of dropping the $2k itd be to get one.

Short action calibers like 6.5 CM, .260 Rem, .243, etc. all fit in the standard AR-10 style platform, so you have magazine compatibility, trigger/stock/handguard options aplenty. There are companies building even larger platforms for .300 WM, .338 Lapua, etc. as well. They get heavy in a hurry though once you add a mag bigger than 5 rounds, scope it, and add a bipod & sling. Heavy is generally good for accuracy though.

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

If you start looking you will find that everybody and their brother makes parts for ARs, many don’t even put their name on it. Take that for what it is worth…

Anderson, Bear Creek and some Palmetto State components are often out of spec due to lower quality control.
    Thats not to say always, but when when something does not fit it is generally one of those brands that has the issue. In the world of bolt together guns, its a frustrating issue to find.

Expect to find prices 150% higher than a year ago and ammo when available to be 2-3x the cost of 1 year ago. some places are asking over $1.00 a round…

I HOPE and suspect prices to drop slowly over a year but Fear I may be wrong. Only time will tell.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.