Cabela's Pinnacle Gloves

• kwp
    Eden Prairie

I was at Cabelas yesterday and looked at their new Pinnacle gloves. I was really disappointed with the new design and or manufacture. They were nothing at all like the old pair I bought 4 years on clearance for $19.99. Glad I bought 3 pair when I did.

Noticed the same thing with their Boundary Waters Duffel Bags…Those have also gone through several redesigns/new manufactures since the bullet proof old green ones I bought many years ago.

Kind of reminds me of Costco..Don’t get too attached to anything because the next time it might not be there or it will be different shock

tim hurley

Very hard to design things well, so when great design finally happens its hard to believe it when they change it! Sometimes the manufacturer does not even wait for word to get out or for the product to find its audience. So yep find something good run don’t walk to the store and buy a few more.

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

For anyone who has tried to return a “Lifetime Warranty” product to cabelas knows why the designs are changed yearly. It is their way to weasel out of the warranty by stating that the line has been discontinued and try not to provide the customer with the “redesigned” product.

Not a fan any longer and the one or two time I get in the store yearly I leave with a bad taste in my mouth.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

You can still get moosehide choppers with wool liners from George’s Shoe Repair in Ely. You won’t need to buy 3 pairs at a time unless you’re really hard on handwear. My pair has lasted 20+ years.

Grouse

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.